chapter 31.

"morning Mr Eloise, I am Kate Joe"

"morning Ms Joe, how may I help you?"

"well a little favour from you is all I need, we do have mutual friends we don't want to be together."

He looked confused and his interest was piqued.

"Am afraid I don't understand what you mean by that."

"oh yes you do, I speak of Silvia Ivory North your ex-wife and MacLeish Daniel my fiance, it Is no new story of their engagement. A week from today they will already be married!"

He gave a disbelieving scoff as though it doesn't bother him if they end up together.

"You can't possible want them together do you?"

"I don't see how North marrying McLeish is a problem to me, she can marry who ever she so wish to, it is her life to live."

"you have a son with her and well, everyone knows you married her for her money and surely you must have a little bit of affection towards her!"

I watched as he stood up from his chair and sat at the edge of his desk with his elbow resting on his drawn up leg.

"Geraldine is no son of mine,(French although I have great affection for him) I stayed married to her because I needed her money which I eventually got and am established, the divorce was an easy go for me and believe me I do not have any attachment with her whatsoever, am gay."

"You must want revenge for something, are you just going to sit and watch her happy?"

"This is not just about North is it, this is something personal isn't it?"

"it doesn't matter if it is personal or not but I can't let her just have what is mine."

"I don't know what you are planning lady but believe me(French) whatever it is that you are planning, am not going to be a part of it but I wish you luck, you need it in fighting a woman like Silvia Ivory North."

The door opened and a handsome young looking man came in and walked straight to Eloise. He kissed him and made himself comfortable.

"Ms Kate, I have an important guest to attend to, it was a pleasure having you here."

"It was a pleasure talking to you, you truly are the coward she says you are, here is my card for when you change your mind, I know you will."

"You can take your card with you, there isn't any changing of mind to be done."

I walked out of his office furious that he has refused my offer, she cannot have what is mine even if it means I have to kill everybody that stands to stop me, and then a very bright idea hit me hard, so hard I had to pause midway when pressing the ignition button of my car and I smirked.

The elevator dinged and I stepped out and walked majestically to the reception.

"how may I help you Ms?"

"I would like to see Ms Silvia Ivory North."

Her head quickly shot up from her monitor screen.

"do you have an appointment?"

"put a call through to her when she hears what I have to say, I won't be needing any."

She put a call through and after some seconds she asked for my name which I happily gave to her.

"sorry for the inconvenience Ms kate, Ms Silvia will attend to you shortly. Her office is on the west wing floor D. Here Is your visitor's pass.

I helped myself to her office which was unnecessary large and fancy.

"Silvia it is nice of you to see me, I have always wanted to pay you a visit, you have a lovely office."

"Kate, you surely did not come here to exchange pleasantries, why are you here?"

"oh so bossy, I have a simple request to ask of you."

"what do you want kate, I have important meetings to attend."

"when you here what I have to say, my meeting will be the only important meeting you will be attending to."

"what do you want?"

"I want you to take this ticket, for you and your son. Leave the country, leave MacLeish alone."

She chuckled softly and she stood up from her chair and walked to me.

"And what in that crazy head of yours told you I would leave my life behind just because you asked nicely?"

"Hmm, I knew this wouldn't work the nice way so I had a plan B just in case you decide to be too bossy."