Chapter 30

I wait and watched as she found her way out then I turned to Danny.

"Care to explain what just happened?"

"Habiba it is late already we can talk about it tomorrow, am so sorry this came up."

"When were you going to tell me u were having an affair?"

"I am not having any illicit affair outside of what we have I swear."

I walked passed him towards the stairs but he quickly came in front of me holding my shoulders for me to hear him out.

"I was having something with her but I wouldn't call it an affair, it was, it still is nothing like what we have."

"Let me be Danny, i have had enough drama for today and it's wearing me out I need peace."

"Wait, just hear me out. I swear it was before we came back together."

"You had more than enough time to have given me a highlight but now all I get is a flash back?"

I watched him tucked his hands in his pocket and his face bowed down in shame, I almost feel sorry for him.
But this is a bad beginning for me and him; I can't trust someone who is not truthful enough to tell me about his past.
This is not the life I want but truth be told we don't always have what we want and am no exceptions.
I placed my hands on his face and smiled weakly at him.

"Go home Danny we will talk about this tomorrow, we will."

I kissed his lips briefly and watched as he exist the room.
We will talk about it tomorrow we will, we just need to understand ourselves that's what true lovers do, not just love but understanding also.

I woke up to a terrible headache, my curtains drawn open to allow the Ray of the early morning sun to bath me in it's warmth.
Weired,I can't remember opening those curtains, I stepped out of the bed and entered the bathroom to take a pee, shortly I came out totally hungry, very hungry I made for the kitchen I saw the disk Kate had thrown at my feet I wasn't going to believe anything she have to say or watch it either.
I carefully starched it in one of the drawers close to the Television stand.

I think I heard little noises but then you hear a lot of things when you are hungry as fuck; I walk lazily to the kitchen just to be welcomed by a fine man in my kitchen

"Danny?"

"Let me call you back mom."

I watch as he moved the phone into his pocket, he hasn't have enough sleep it's so obvious.

"Morning Habiba."

"What are you doing here?"

"You should eat, here, have a seat while I get you something."

"Am not hungry"

"You are famished; you look like you would faint any moment from now."

I watch as he move around the kitchen. He got a plate and served the breakfast he just prepared.

I ate quietly, enjoying every bit of it.
With plate emptied and stomach filled I leaned back in my chair.

"Your plate is emptied I see."

I pretended as though I didn't hear a word he said and left my sit with plate in hand. He followed me quietly and stood as I did the dishes.
After washing the Dishes I made my way to the bedroom on the second step of the staircase and then he finally spoke.

"Are you just going to pretend I am not here?"

"Am not pretending, I am a bit busy."

"Busy, with what?"

"I don't know, processing the fact that my soon-to-be husband is been accused of cheating and has some 'family' issues he cannot discuss with his soon-to-be wife."

"That is why I am here to explain everything to you."

"Well get on with it Danny time doesn't seem to be in your favour."

We went into the bedroom, he stood by the door.

"You can have a seat; your posture hurts my eyes already."

He took a seat by the bed.

"Firstly, I am so sorry for putting you under such pressure an..."

"Am not under pressure."

"Am sorry that this has to happen now."

"Would you have preferred if it happened after we were married?"

"My point here is that I never really had a choice and am sorry that things had to go bad."

I watched as he struggle for words and it pains me to see him like so.

"About Kate, we had an affair years ago before you came into my life and it never lasted for long. After you left, I was broken, I was angry and it triggered some health issues."

"I didn't mean to hurt you, If I could go back to that day I would never have allowed Eloise hurt you."

"I know Habiba, I do."

He came closer to me and sat facing me.

"I had an affair with Kate but that was before we met and when she came to my place, nothing happened between us, I didn't even know she had a camera on. Believe me, you can watch the tape if you don't believe me, am ready to do anything just so we could be the way we us to be.

I sat quietly searching into his eyes and all I could see is a man trying to get my trust back, his eyes pleaded for forgiveness and it touched my heart that I had to be so hard on him, but this is to teach him not to cheat on me. His fingers grazed my cheek and words came out broken;

"Please Silvia, can you forgive me?"

"Yes I can but I wish I couldn't, you have hurt me really bad."

"And am so sorry about my past and my behaviours, am sorry Habiba, a million times sorry."
I smiled and let a little stray tears roll down my eyes and he wiped them with his thumbs.

"Danny, I love you too much to stay mad at you forever."