chapter 20

Wherever I go
OneRepublic

As much as I want everything to be alright, I just so much hate to be at the receiving end of faults and anger.
She couldn't even stand the sight of me.

Love has always been a mystery to me.
How do you even know what you feel is love?

Oh yes of cause I know what am feeling is love because to no one will I lay myself bear as I have tonight.

As I made for the house I noticed the light in my room on and a figure I could see.
I can't remember having a visitor around.

"Sam, are you expecting someone?

" No one sir"

I walked towards the house on entering the house I met it empty as expected,
Okay, I hope this is not a robbery cause I don't have any strength left in me for another fight.

I walked slowly up the stairs signalling Sam to follow, I could see from the side of my eyes, him pulling his pistol from the inside pocket of his suit.

He came in front of me and opened the door slowly, he rushed in and held the gun forward I see the surprise on his face when he slowly put down his gun and walked out.

I walked in slowly.

"Kate!
What are you doing here?"

"That's no way to welcome a visitor, and moreover there is no harm in missing a lover is there"

I watch her tie her hair in a high bond, just the way I like it with her, she is almost naked.

"What do you want?"

"I don't understand you, Mr MacLeish."

"Tell me what part is it that you don't understand, you are not supposed to be seen around me or with me and above all you are not suppose to be in Paris, in my house!"

"According to the contract I am to be always ready as to when you want to be satisfied and since am here in Paris for a business I thought I should drop by since its been over a week you got a feel of me."

"That same contract states that you are not to associate socially or to be seen with me until I dime fit."

"It's just me and you no one is watching, I won't tell."

"Kate, get dressed and take one of the cars and get yourself a hotel am not in for any argument tonight. Am tired and I need my rest."

"That is the more reason I should stay, to ease..."

"Get. Dressed. And. Get. Going!"

"You don't want me tonight then?"

"No, in fact, I think I don't need you anymore."

She was broken by my words I know, but I had to tell her the truth, I really don't need a spare problem right now, she can cause to much trouble with the way she's already acting.

"Are you breaking up with me?"

"Wait what!"

"You are living me?"

"You are getting all this wrong.
First, we aren't breaking up.
Second, we were never together.
For Christ sake, the only thing happening between us is a signed contract.
Not for my illness, you would have been no were close to me right now."

" I know all this is just a signed contract, but I taught we could be more.
I love you."

What? How frustrating can this get?

Chuckles.

"You see Kate you are just confused, you don't know what you are even feeling right now. Moreover, there can only be one room for love in my heart and it's definitely not for you."

"So there is someone!"

Okay, things are about to get really dirty with that tone in her voice.

"I was with you when you were shot!
Took care of you when you needed it!
Provided 100% pleasure!
I am practically a slave to your raging libido and you stand to tell me there is only one room for love in your heart?"

"We are going to talk about this tomorrow, you have to leave now."

"Fine am going to leave, but just so you know, if I can't have you, no woman can."

I watched her get dressed and leave the room without a word.
Kate could be a real psychopath, and I know there is more to her last word that meets the ears.

***

"Morning Geraldine, how was your night?"

"Fine."

"Is everything okay with you?"

"Yes."

"Why do you answer in a monosyllabic manner?"

"I said am fine mom."

"Breakfast will be ready in 10, get out of bed."

I really feel guilty for raising my voice at Dine yesterday, I was wrong to get mad at him for telling me the truth. I went downstairs and met the cleaner.

"Morning Ma'am."

"Morning, are you through with the cleaning?
Sorry for disturbing you on a weekend."

"Am glad I can help. I will be taking my leave now, bye."

I nodded at her as she walked out of the house, she looked like she had no worries, something I pray for, to be free from worries...
I am a rich woman but I don't seem to Leave happily.
Why is that even so?

"Geraldine! Come get your breakfast, I know we woke up late so get your lazy ass off the bed."

"Mom, you don't have to scream, am here already."

"Oh, that's good."

I watch him take his seat opposite me, my baby boy.

"You mad at me for yelling at you yesterday right."

"I must have spoken out of turn and am sorry I shouldn't have spoken when I wasn't spoken to."

I was shocked, he was actually sorry.

"Baby, what you did was wrong but how I reacted was bad.
I know you are just getting better so I need not bother you with my problems and am sorry."

"It's okay mom, am kinda hungry over here and you keep talking."

(Laugh out loud)

"Baby let's share the grace."

***

Hello readers,
How did you enjoy your read?
Things have to go slowly so be patient as you read on, yeah?

Don't forget to vote and drop your comments.

Xoxo.
Anastesiacaxton💖