the girlfriend.

Padding down the stairs of Taehyung's house, she wasn't surprised to see that the familiar brown-haired man wasn't here

"At work." Jihyun mused, glancing up from her cup of tea. "But I left you some tea in the kitchen."

"Thanks." Jennie mumbled, giving his mother a small smile. "But, I've been wondering something."

After grabbing her mug, she sat down next to the woman, crossing a leg over the other. Jihyun set down her book.

"Don't you worry about what Taehyung does everyday? You didn't even question it when I told you about his head this morning."

She sighed. "After sometime, I just learned not to question it. Tae has been doing this for a lot longer than you would think Jen. You could say I'm...used to seeing this by now."

"Oh." As a medic, Jennie never really got used to seeing those brutal injuries some of the members got, She always had the propensity to wonder how, how did they get that? What had they been doing?

That's why she supposed the whole emergency care field was so exciting for her. But to be able to stop questioning it? Jennie didn't know if that would ever happen to her.

"Don't worry about Taehyung. He's just like his father; both are weird, but they know what they're doing."

"I really try not to." Jennie smiled. "But it's hard. I don't even know what's going on in his head sometimes."

"Yes, Taehyung is definitely like that. Call it a self defense mechanism." Jihyun got up suddenly, the younger girl following in suit.

"I don't know about you, but I think you should help me prepare dinner."

"And I think that's a great idea."

Around halfway through the cooking process, both the women were interrupted from their work when the garage door from the back opened.

Jihyun arched an eyebrow. "Well, you're around five hours early."

Taehyung smiled sheepishly. "I finished early?" He kissed his mom's forehead, then glanced around.

"Where's Jennie?"

"Oho, so that's why you came home early." His mom teased, nudging her son's side roughly, then gestured to the shorter girl on the other side of the kitchen, evidently listening to music through her earbuds. "She's over there. Don't disturb her though, she's cutting vegetables and she might cut you if you're not careful."

"Ha ha." He drawled, scowling at his mom before slipping off his shoes and hanging up his jacket.

Taehyung didn't know how to describe it. Was it weird he found strangely very attractive when she played with his younger siblings, or when he found her talking with his mother, and even cooking with her?