the racer pt. 2

"JJ, nice job!" She heard V congratulate her, watching the man approach her with his hands tucked into the pockets of his jeans

She flashed him an effortless grin, clutching her helmet to her hip.

"Oh, you know me V. I'm not the type to let down a bet. Where's the money?"

"Jimin's taking care of it. How's your shoulder?"

"Getting better. It's too bad, I was starting to like Minji. She was really quiet though."

"She was." He sighed. "Not to fear, we have another doctor who I am positive will get you back into the flow a lot sooner."

"Really? Already?"

"You can thank Jungkook for that. I'll see you around. Stop by in my office whenever you get a chance." He winked at her before leaving.

Kim Jisoo, who goes by JJ, was very close friends with V. She dealt with V as his gambling partner. Why? Because she was tactful and smart, and often knew the right moves.

She liked to play with the risky games, and luckily, she was a retired auto-racer, the job was a high-pressure job, one that had resulted in her damaging her shoulder.

It was probably a long-term injury, but occasionally for events like these, she couldn't resist the thrill to go around the track, just for the fun of it.

She loved to see the flabbergasted faces of those sexist men who she beat for V every single time. There was no rule saying that you had to enlist men for the race, and V knew she was good...

JJ met V at one of her races, one which she had won. Her career had been dwindling to an end, even though she was young, Jisoo knew it was for the better of her health if she gave it a break.

So, she contacted him. And that was probably the best decision she ever made.

"JJ!" Another loud shriek caught her attention, this time feminine.

She turned, watching the familiar sight of Lalisa dragging a girl whom Jisoo couldn't recognize.

"JJ, Jennie. Jennie, JJ."

"Hi." Both girls said simultaneously. Jisoo took a good look at Jennie's face.

"Wow, you are really pretty. Is she like, someone's accessory?"

"Accessory?" The brunette questioned, Lisa awkwardly laughed.

"Uh, no. She's the new medic."

"Oh?" JJ smiled. "Well then, I guess you're not an annoying airhead."

Jennie snorted. "I guess I should say thank you. You did, uh, really good."

"Thank you."

"But I'd watch that shoulder. Did you do something to it? Seems like you damaged it."

Jisoo smirked at Lisa, who shrugged.

"So she's a smart med?"

"I guess you could say we hit lucky." She aired, Jennie beamed.

"If something's wrong with it, you know who to call."

"I know." JJ breathed. "I was just surprised that through my uniform you could tell my shoulder was damaged. How exactly?"

"Well, I cant really tell right now just by looking at it, but when I saw you getting out of the car, your natural body movements just avoided from exerting your left shoulder. Normally, we wouldn't mind using it, unless there's something wrong. It was an instinct, and I tend to notice these things, since I'm a doctor."

She grinned lazily at Jennie, who still smiled, sticking her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"Nice one doll. It's late, I should probably go. See you around?"

"Sure."

JJ glanced at Lisa.

"Hey Bonnie, bring her to SBS one night."

"Already did, she beat the shit out of Dahyun and Irene's crew."

"All fourteen?" JJ raised a piqued eyebrow.

"All fourteen." Lisa repeated. "She even caught V's attention."

"What?" Jennie turned, astounded. "That's not true."

"He thinks she's hot. I can just tell with that smoldering gaze of his."

JJ laughed, enjoying the sight of Jennie instantly flaming up in embarrassment.

"Lisa, that's not true!"

"I'll be wrong when you prove me wrong!"

"Damn right I will." She grinned at Jisoo hastily. "Good night JJ, I hope I'll see you around."

JJ watched them leave with a grin.