the soirée.

A soirée

A soirée. It was what Rosé called a private "party" held at SBS. Except there was other business that was dealt asides from the dice rolled and toss of cards.

"This is sole purpose of an accessory." She muttered, draping a pearl necklace over Jennie's neck.

"We always have the medic come...just in case things get out of hand."

"What do they even discuss?"

"Just...private matters." She went vague, Jennie narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"We aren't plotting to kill anyone...not yet at least." She teased, then pat the brunette's shoulder.

"There. You look suitable."

"Aren't these heels a bit unnecessary?"

"Well, I'm taller than you and you don't have any suitable long dresses, so you have to wear heels. You look really good. Don't be surprised if someone makes a request of you."

"Request of—what?"

"That's how people in BTS get accessories. As of right now, the only people without accessories on the executive board are Namjoon, Yoongi, and Hoseok...but Yoongi and Hoseok are kind of together so they don't count."

"Oh. What about Taehyung?"

"I'm surprised he even lets you address him by that. You're probably the only one." She mumbled to herself, before shaking her head. "It's Dahyun. Though he hardly acts like he even acknowledges her as one—" Chaeyoung snorted. "—serve her right to be honest. She's a bit of a bitch. Glad you put her in her place however long that was."

She winked at Jennie before pulling her shirt over her shoulders.

"I'm going to go change now, be right back."

Accessory. It was an odd term but Jennie realized soon that it fit the role fairly well.

Most girls looked like jewelry. Dressed to their finest, some in diamonds and priceless jewelry pinned in their luscious flowing locks of blonde, brown, red, and black, all in long beautiful gowns in varying colors.

Jennie herself didn't look much different from the rest. It was a light pastel pink dress, with thin straps and thicker ones that fell off the shoulder. It wasn't skin tight, to her relief, but flowed silkily to the end of her toes, a clean-cut slit slicing through the fabric which ended at her mid-thigh.

Jennie loved it, but assumed Chaeyoung's dress was worth far more than she spent on ramen in a month.

And Jennie ate a lot of ramen.

Everyone here looked so beautiful, even the men. All dressed like dolls, it seemed too good to be true.

And of course it was. Jennie knew some dark secrets lurked in the building, low whispers of things which she wasn't supposed to know—what she didn't know—which was probably what made them so dangerous in the first place.

She wanted to know. Jennie always wanted to know.

"Jennie."

Taking a glass of champagne from a waiter, she turned to her left, before her eyes widened.

It was Lisa. Except it wasn't? She looked completely different—cropped black hair ending at her chin, elbow-length black gloves, large dark frames covering most of her upper face, and sinister dark red lipstick.

It was her smile which what Jennie recognized.

"You look—very different."

"Some people in this room aren't on our side." She whispered, interlacing elbows with the brunette.

"I've been in this for a while...and there are some people who do not like me."

"Enough that you have to disguise yourself every time?"

"Sh, not so loud." The previously-blonde hissed, taking a drink. "But yeah, essentially. I can't help it Jen. I'm not a great person, and well, this group is like my family. I do what I have to for my family."

Lisa's words told more than what met the eye. Jennie knew that—there was something else going on that Lisa knew, the reason that Lisa was so close to everyone in BTS.

There was a reason asides from being family that all of them were so interwoven with each other. It wasn't just about 'V found me when I was in a bad time of my life'.

"Don't call me by my name in here, Jen. I go by Bonnie tonight. In our base, it's usually fine to go by my usual, but here it's dangerous."

"I understand."

"Perfect. I guess I should go find Clyde then." She muttered the last part to herself, when Jennie realized she was referring to Jungkook.

"Have you two even spoken since then?"

"No." Lisa scoffed. "Whatever. This is business, I can't let feelings get in the way of work. You relax, but don't relax too much. Who knows, we may need you later on tonight."

That left a weird taste in her tongue as she watched Lisa depart from her.

People got hurt. People dressed in fancy suits and gowns got into fights here—people got hurt.

Jennie did not miss Lisa patting the side of her thigh, and sure enough, there had been a gun tucked in underneath Lisa's dress.

Jennie did not have one with her, but it stunned her how almost everyone else had one.

"Miss, you look a bit lost."

Another voice, this time unknown to the brunette as she stood near the bar, had her lift her eyes up.

It was a man. He had refined cologne, strong and musky in a rustic way, with a prim and fitted suit. His cuffs were adorned with a golden chain and watch, hair styled back in a casual manner, not one with too much gel.

It was his eyes which caught Jennie. They were an icy blue, unlike what she had ever seen. He held the dangerous aura of mystery, which caused her to take a step back.

"Sorry, it must've been the champagne." She allowed a small smile. "I'm perfectly alright."

She saw a small glimpse of his teeth when his orangey-blossomed lips morphed into a smirk, leaning past her to take a drink from the bar tender.

"May I know your name?" He whispered softly near her ear.

She was about to respond instantly, when she paused.

How could she know he was trustworthy?

"Ruby." Jennie murmured back, allowing the lie to slip like it was something she had always believed. "Ruby Jane."

"May I know yours?" She tested, fingers gripping tightly against her glass, unable to comprehend her words from her foggy brain and erratic pulse.

Everything was ringing, like a sickening alarm. Jennie wanted to ignore it.

"Baekhyun, sweetheart. My name is Baekhyun."

a/n: jennie referred to herself by her middle name—ruby jane—for those who were confused why she used a 'random name'

she doesn't have a code name like taehyung or lisa...not yet at least

(but don't spoil it for those who know what it is😭😭)

y'all really liked that last chapter 🤪 i knew you would