the admirer.

a/n: this jenyong friendship is too much—😂

Taeyong sighed loudly, Jennie glanced up from her phone

"What is it?"

"I need your attention."

She grumbled profanities under her breath, resting her chin in her palms.
"What can I do for you? Why don't you just ask Seulgi?"

He rolled his eyes. "She can't take your spot. Besides, why would I ask her when the question is about her? I need help."

"And why me?"

"Lisa texted me the other day; she said you're hitting it off great with this one guy—which I would like to know about another time."

Jennie's eyes widened. "Wait what?"

"Those were her exact words; Our little bitch is hitting it off with some hot-ass guy. Feel old now?" He frowned. "I do feel old."

She smiled nervously, mentally noting to go kill Lisa after work.

"Okay well, Lisa's making up stuff as usual. But back to the topic, what's your worry?"

"I want to ask Seulgi out—"

"Okay now why would you do that. You're moving way too fast."

"But we've been talking for a few months—"

"You need to be talking for at least a year. And no flirting of course, don't give her the wrong idea."

"But I want to go out with her, why can't I flirt?"

Jennie rolled her eyes. "You really are bad at this." She grinned, moving closer to gesture with her hands. "See, Yongie, you have to be real' discrete about this stuff. You can't come on too headstrong, you know? Then she'll think you just want to sleep with her."

Obviously Jennie wouldn't follow this advice at all, but she was just making up things just so the process of Seulgi and Taeyong ever going out were to delay.

Maybe she was a little too protective.

He finally nodded, slowly taking heed to Jennie's pseudo advice.

"Fine, I guess. But I asked Lisa and she said to—"

"Oh who cares what that bitch said. She's always making up stuff. What did she tell you, to just "ask her out already and that you've been talking to that girl for way too long"?"

"Yes."

"Well, she's crazy. Nobody does that."

"But like, she has a boyfriend—"

"It's Jungkook." Jennie drawled. "Have you even seen him?"

Taeyong snorted. "Fair point."

Jennie picked at her noodles, then sipped her soda. Lisa has really told Taeyong about Taehyung?

Thank god the blondie hadn't given more details, but Taeyong would probably press her for them later on.

"Hey Jennie."

Jennie glanced up once again, then blinked in surprise.

"Um, Hanbin?" She glanced at Taeyong, who shrugged in confusion. "How can I help you?"

"Did you get my present?"

"Present?" Jennie was more confused. What present?

Taeyong cleared his throat, rolling his eyes. "He left a nice bouquet on your desk this morning." He eyed Hanbin with a glare.

"I fed them to my goat."

Hanbin glared at Taeyong. Jennie tried not to laugh out loud, then smiled sweetly.

"I haven't checked my desk yet. But thank you, really. I'm flattered."

"No you're not." Taeyong grumbled like a child, glaring at Jennie. She ignored him.

Hanbin beamed again. "No problem. Maybe, if you're free next Friday, we could go watch a movie or something?"

Wait what?

Like a date?

"Oh, um—"

"She's not free." Taeyong interrupted again, yawning loudly. He crossed a leg over the other, sprawling back into his chair. "We've got a girls night out thing—something like that."

"Yeah, he's right." Jennie bit her lip, sighing. "Maybe another time though?"

The taller sighed in response. "Yeah, sure."

He glared at Taeyong who winked back at him, then left. Jennie watching until he was out of earshot, burst into laughter.

"God, and you say I'm possessive. What the hell was that?"

"I did actually feed them to my goat. I took the flowers, and ran them over with my car."

"I could've used some free decor." She whined.

"You know, I really don't like him now. Originally, he was just annoying, but now—"

Taeyong was pissed with the man. He knew that Hanbin only took interest in Jennie because she was good-looking and that she knew how to fight.

He knew it right after the day Jennie left Hanbin with several bruises, who sat in the physical therapy gym with a lovesick smile on his ugly purple face—

Taeyong cleared his throat, grinning at Jennie.

"Don't worry. I won't let him lay a finger on you."

Jennie laughed again.

a/n: just because hanbin has a lil infatuation with jennie doesn't mean jenbin is happening