the neighbors.

"Yongie, be a dear and grab those things for me

"Yongie, be a dear and grab those things for me." Jennie pointed to her shopping bags before marching inside her house.

Taeyong groaned, she turned to peer through the doorway.

"Jennie, I swear you are the laziest person I've ever met. Get your own things. I'm making myself a snack." He grinned cheekily in her face, watching her triumphant smirk morph into a gawk of indignation.

"You're so annoying." She whined, reluctantly making her way back outside. It was dark out, around nine in the evening.

There had been many nights like this where Taeyong would just pop by her house and watch Netflix with her or just hang around her simply because he was bored.

The single life was truly blissful.

"Not annoying, it's the truth!" He yelled back. Helping himself to the bowl of strawberries left in her fridge, he slouched into one of Jennie's sofas, sighing in content.

The short brunette soon reappeared with her several shopping bags, setting them on her kitchen counter.

She kicked her door being her, slamming it shut. Jennie winced at the loud noise.

"Isn't it strange how you have never spoken to any of your neighbors? How antisocial are you?"

"Shut up." She grumbled. "Our schedules never cross. I'm pretty sure one of my neighbors goes to work earlier than me, but comes home later, because sometimes I hear their car pulling up. As for the other person, I don't know. The car is always parked outside."

Jennie's town home was positioned right in the center of the horizontal row of houses. She lived in a white-colored house, while the one to her left was blue, and the other a brick-red color.

"That's not an excuse. Didn't you even say hello when you moved in?"

"No." She stole a strawberry from the bowl, taking a bite. "Hey now! That's not completely my fault. I was a very busy med student at the time."

"I stand corrected; it is totally your fault." He mused.

"Taeyong, you really are the worst. No wonder you can't land yourself a girl, you're always scaring them off."

"How does that have to do with anything we were just talking about!"

"It doesn't, I just changed the topic." Jennie admitted, switching on the TV.

He grumbled something, incoherent to Jennie's ears, but she was sure it was nothing pleasant.

"When was the last time you went on a date?"

"I went on a date with Lisa." She mused. "We went to a club."

He sighed. "That doesn't count. She has a boyfriend!"

"So what?"

"Jennie, I didn't expect the conversation to take this turn."

"Well lucky for you, I'm full of surprises." She winked at him before turning up the volume of the current channel.

BREAKING NEWS: A girl was found dead in the streets of Suwon, recognized as Im Minji. She was shot to death.

Later new updates were revealed that Minji was involved/associated with BTS, one of the rowdiest gangs in South Korea.

The panned image of her dead body caused Taeyong to suck in a breath.

"Damn, did they kill her?"

"I-I don't know. That's awful." She whispered, suddenly mulling over Lisa and Namjoon's words.

"Jennie! This is important!"

"What if we made a deal?"

Had this girl died because she was working with them?

"Taeyong, what did it say her job was again? I didn't hear."

"She was a nurse."

Jennie felt her blood chill, shivering involuntarily. How was Lisa even involved with them?

BTS was a very, very dangerous group. Almost everyone knew them. Jennie didn't know what they did, but they clearly had money, for the cops never went into full investigation on their victims.

Just like Jennie was sure would happen to Im Minji.

"How could people even involve with them? People like Bangtan should be in jail." She heard him nutter, before sighing.

She changed the channel.

"That channel is depressing, let's watch something else."