the kitchen.

Beginne am Anfang

She bit her lip, not sure what to do.

Even when he pulled up at her house, she stayed rooted to her seat. And it seemed like he didn't mind, Taehyung rested his head back against the seat. He believed no matter what he would try and say to her, it wouldn't satisfy her unless it was the whole truth.

But how could Taehyung tell her the truth if he was scared of the consequences?

Jennie unbuckled her seatbelt, then turned her head to him.

"Come inside. I have to look at your shoulder."

"Jennie."

She glanced up from the new bandage she held in her hand, then back to his shoulder. "Yes."

"There's a reason you're the only girl that calls me by my actual name."

She was silent, quietly rewrapping his arm. "And why should that matter?"

"Only certain people can call me that. People who I...care about."

"In what way? What way do you care? Is it just that I'm the medic, so you're just obligated to care? Is that why you won't tell me what exactly is going on between you, Lisa, and Jungkook?"

"No, of course not!"

"Then why not?" Jennie stepped away from him, shaking her head. "I don't want to hear it. You keep giving me mixed signals Taehyung, what's even going on?"

"Have you ever thought of how I feel? Jennie, I want to tell you. You have to believe me when I say this; your life could be in danger if you know."

"I don't care! I could care less as long as I know what's going on with you!"

"Well, I don't want anything happening to you—"

"Again with this." Jennie scoffed. "What's your deal Taehyung? You say this, but you won't tell me why. Are you just worried that I might be in danger because what? The medic plays a crucial part?"

"You being a medic has nothing to do with this!"

"Then what exactly is it? Why else won't you tell me?" The brunette yelled back, ready to storm off. She couldn't however.

Taehyung, staring at her brown orbs ignited with a flame of anger, didn't bother on thinking things out rationally. He was done doing that, clearly it had gotten him nowhere with the girl except for mixed signals and frustration.

He got up from his seat, then yanked Jennie closer by the elbow. Securing an arm around her waist, her eyes widened when he kissed her with an urgency she strangely found herself understanding.

You have no idea how long I have wanted to do that.

Jennie swore she heard him say that, it didn't take her long to return it back, wrapping her arms around Taehyung's neck.

On the other hand, her brain was processing more than one thing at once it was messing her mind. The adrenaline, the dopamine.

Jennie hadn't realized how much she missed this until he kissed her. She hadn't even processed that all those moves he had made earlier meant something else.

He said seven years hadn't changed anything, why hadn't Jennie realized that he had meant that he still felt the same way about her?

She found it shocking how her feelings for someone made it so easy for her not to see the reality of things. How she had twisted his words in her mind, thought that he had meant something altogether.

How foolish.

"This is why I can't tell you," Taehyung mumbled, lips barely a centimeter away from hers. "I don't want to lose you."

It was then, when Jennie looked into his eyes, was when she could finally read what he was saying. For so long she couldn't figure him out, she couldn't read him, see what exactly he concealed behind his strong, dominant facade.

It's like he made himself slightly vulnerable just for her. Piece by piece.

"You won't."

"You can't say that for sure. You don't know Baekhyun like I do." He whispered, closing his eyes. "There's so much you don't know, so much I want to tell you...but I'm not ready yet."

He wasn't ready. That's what it had been this whole time. He was scared for her, and also that he wasn't ready.

Why hadn't Jennie seen that? And here this whole time she had been trying to force the words out of his mouth.

She had never even considered that maybe whatever he was hiding from her had a personal impact on him, something that he had gone through that he found hard to talk about. Was this why he was suddenly so reserved?

"I..." Jennie distanced herself from him, sighing. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize that."

"It's okay. Just—"

"Don't worry about me Taehyung. Come on, we went through martial arts together, we did everything together! So what if I'm at risk now? You're the one who's always in more danger than me. If anything, I thought that I was the only one who—" Finding Taehyung's eyes already on her face, Jennie found her train of thought lost, just looking back at him.

"I'll wait for you." She mumbled. "Because I care too."

a/n: this literally isn't proofread, i legit just finished writing it then posted it. i needed to redeem myself from that last chapter (yiKES)