And Taehyung was getting frustrated. He was usually very patient with most things, he took his time thinking out important decisions, but this one was driving him nuts.

A few months into Jennie's reentrance in his life, and now everything was a whirling mess. He hated how unclear and foggy everything was to him.

He was impatient for once. What was actually going on? Taehyung didn't understand.

A door opened, both Taehyung and Lisa turned. They were met with Jennie's dark stare, the only man in the room awkwardly glanced away from her.

Yikes.

She shut the door. "We need to talk."

"Listen, Jen...I'm sorry about what I said the other day about—"

Jennie silenced her with a hand. "I don't care about that right now. Okay, well maybe a little, but I came here to ask what exactly is going on here?"

"Huh?"

"The call-out someone tried to shoot you," Jennie started. "then Jungkook gets shot, and now you freak out when you see Baekhyun? What exactly is happening here?"

"It's nothing." Lisa reassured suddenly. "I was just...scared. A-And uh, people always want to kill V."

"She's right. People do always want to kill me."

Jennie narrowed her eyes at him, and Taehyung darted his eyes away from her again.

"All I want is just a simple explanation. Can't I get that?"

"No." Lisa wrung her hands. "It's for your good Jen...that you don't know."

"So there is something on." Jennie scoffed. "Wow, okay."

"Jennie, we're sorry, but it's just for your—"

"Yeah, whatever." Jennie stepped back. "Both of you know damn well I hate secrets. You think I can continue being in a place that isn't honest with me?"

"Jennie—"

"I quit." She snapped, slamming the door behind her. Taehyung's eyes widened, staring at the door.

Lisa watched, dumbfounded. Had the brunette been serious?

Probably. Jennie wasn't one to joke around like that.

"Shit." Taehyung cursed, running a hand through his hair. It was then when Jungkook chose to peak his head inside V's office, frowning upon his girlfriend and Taehyung's state.

"What's wrong with you two?"

"Jennie just quit." Lisa mumbled.

"What?"

Taehyung chose to get up suddenly, brushing past the younger and out of his office.

Both Lisa and Jungkook watched him leave in even more surprise. Lisa was befuddled by the whole situation which just took place within a matter of minutes.

Jennie stormed inside. She yelled at them and just quit in their faces.

And Taehyung ran after her?

"Did he just—"

"Yep." Lisa muttered, rushing over to the window to get a better view. "I'm betting he's going to try to convince her to stay."

"Jennie!"

"Ugh, leave me alone! I said I'm quitting!" She yelled back, shoving Taehyung's arm away. The action was slightly cute on her part—she was so short compared to him—but Taehyung had other worries than to dwell on that.

"Don't quit please."

"And why not?"

"You're our medic. We need you."

She slowed in her steps, turning to him. "Find a new medic then. You've had others before, just get a new one."

"But they aren't you."

"All doctors are trained the same way. It wouldn't matter if they aren't me."

"Well, it matters to me." He sighed. "Look, it's a lot more complicated than it seems. I do want to tell you, but I can't. Not yet."

"Why?" Her anger was slowly simmering away unfortunately, it was very hard for the brunette to stay mad at anyone for long—especially Taehyung.

He had that effect over her.

"I'm not ready. I promise I will tell you, I will, but I just need time. Give me time."

She was silent. What was it that he needed time?

Jennie sighed, turning away again. She needed air.

a/n: this is literally such a shit-ass update like it's currently 1:30 in the morning and im not even thinking straight but i just had to finish this update since so many were asking me for a chapter, so sorry for the wait i just haven't had the motivation to update this book right now.