"Nate. What're you talking about?" I ask, really confused with where he's going.

"I wanted to let go and know who I'd be with. I don't want to be dragged or affected so much by my emotions and lead it in the wrong way. I once asked God why everything seemed to revolve around you. He gave me a reason the other day."

I don't want him to continue but I don't have the guts to say anything. I'm in utter shock.

"The girl I've been running from is the one who I'll be running the rest of this race of life with." He says with a small laugh. "I know and don't expect anything to happen right now, but I already talked and asked your family and everyone in the beach family. We'll take it one step at a time. If that's okay with you?"

I find myself smiling real wide as he finishes.

"Yes, Nate. But you have a lot of proving to do." I say with a tease.

He puts a hand to his heart and bows his head slightly. "I accept the challenge milady."

Tasha and Gail get back and I have a feeling they were eavesdropping.

"So, ready to start the movie?" Gail asks a little too bubbly.

I laugh. "Ready."

***
The night went on with sing alongs and old childhood emotions. I love Disney.

Today, mom is taking me to Malibu Wildlife. I can't wait to explore the place from this view and not in a wheelchair.

"Ready?" Mom asks, peeking her head inside my room.

I look at her and nod.

I can change myself and fix up my hair on my own now. I never realized how hard it was or rather how easy it was before it all happened.

Sometimes we do take the things we have for granted. I will never take my legs and arms and whole body or all the blessings God has given me.

Soon mom and I are on the way to the wildlife center.

"Mom, have you talked to Julia lately?" I ask, the case still on my mind. It hasn't exactly been resolved and is still under process.

To my surprise, mom nods.

"You'll be going back to school in February. For now, the research team will compile what they can and with the help of your friends, will add to their records with you staying underwater for five minutes straight without need of air." She reports. "She's also real glad you're okay and that a big miracle has been seen in your life. God will use you mightily."

I smile. "Amen to that."

We reach the wildlife center and I run up the stairs instead of taking the elevator.

I emerge just as mom steps out from the elevator.

"Hi Keira and-" Mandy stops and looks at me in awe. "Savannah?"

I nod happily and rush to hug her.

"Wow." She breathes out. "Hope will actually be released soon. We didn't expect it to be so soon or at all. God sure is doing a lot of miracles."