25

~Nate~

It's Saturday afternoon and we're all on the beach already.

Savannah's new wheelchair came in this morning and she's being pushed through the sand by Sierra. Harold and Skylar sit on either side of me and we wait for them to approach us.

"Nice ride." Harold says with a grin.

"Thanks." She says with a laugh. Rose and Oak are up and walking again and Harold brought his dog Rex too.

The three bound off and play.

The twins and Faley are here and whisk Sierra off to their blankets spread out on the beach. We decided to do some stargazing tonight thanks to Skylar and Sav's special idea.

We have sleeping bags on the platform for the rest of us including Tasha and Gail who are out surfing.

"Do you wanna go surfing?" I ask Harold.

His wrist's better and he hasn't done anything to worsen his injury.

His grin widens. "Sure. Wish Savannah could come though."

We look at Savannah who waves us off. "Go ahead."

She looks at Skylar and tells him off too. He's about to protest but she says, "Go. I'll be fine."

He sighs. "Okay. Yell if you need us."

We run to get our boards in the shed near the boardwalk.

We run to the beach and head into the water to join Gail and Tasha. I look back and see Sav watching us. I wave to her and she smiles.

I see Faley walk to her and motion to her. I guess the older girls will watch her for now.

We paddle and soon we're up and surfing. I love the smell of the salty water and the feel of just being surrounded by the peaceful ocean.

***
The bonfire cackles and we sing worship songs around the fire. We tell stories of the week and pray especially for God to help us through this case.

Once our prayers are done, we eat the barbecued chicken and delicious brownies the Carlsons made.

"How is everything? Did the police say anything?" Mr. Carlson asks.

Sav's parents look at all of us and we're all waiting.

"They went to Amanda's house." Keira says, looking at me. I nod once and let her continue. "There was nothing really found except a notebook. They went through the notebook and interviewed Amanda at the hospital. They added up and found out she was framed."

This doesn't surprise me though. As I mentioned before, Amanda may be mean and have her own interests as priority always but I don't think she would be the mastermind of such a scheme. She did end up going to the hospital after all.

"Did they find out who framed her?" Tasha asks, her clear disgust for the situation evident.

Sav's mom nods. "Canyon."

"So Clair and her dad did all this?" Sierra asks.

Keira nods.

"Why though?" Faley asks.

The whole beach family is updated with what's been happening and I think we all want to know why this happened.

"Revenge." Brandon says simply. "Professor Canyon didn't like being kicked out of the team. He went to another science laboratory for help to sabotage the research. That's all we know based on the live broadcast Julia did in LA as well. That's all police have so far."