17

~Savannah~

Sierra sits on her bed and looks around the room, figuring out how to arrange things.

Dad and Skylar share a room and Sierra and I will
now too. We live in one apartment with two bedrooms, a tiny kitchen slash dining room and a small living room.

"I'm sorry you have to change so much because of me." I say softly.

The decision was slowly made but final. There was no choice for me. Either I let Nate and all the families of the beach suffer such a cruelly devised plan or I take up the offer and prevent it somewhat. I asked God for a sign and this was it. Though I can't stop problems, I hope I'm helping.

"Hey. Don't you feel that way." She says with a smile. "We have two houses now so I don't mind sharing one with you. You live on another floor back at home remember?"

I smile. "Yeah."

She calls Skylar and they arrange the beds to be opposite of each other. There's one desk in the corner near the door, pictures artistically designed on the wall, one closet and one bathroom. Sierra has to share it all with me now.

For the rest of the day we finish arranging the room. When dad comes back from home on Sunday, he'll bring the other stuff I need.

"So you have tomorrow and Sunday to explore the city before classes." Sierra says with an excited smile.

"Just for half a day. I have to finish all the high school lessons as soon as possible." I reply.

Sierra shrugs it off. "You're the smartest of the three of us and that's saying something since we're all pretty smart." She adds a wink and I smile.

"I'll go order pizza. You relax first." She says, getting up.

"I miss Rose and Oak already." I whisper as she walks by.

She stops and hugs me. "You'll see them soon."

She walks out of the room and into the living room.

I hear Skylar playing on the wii and wish I could join him. The last time we played was weeks ago when I was used to bringing myself around in this condition. Now I'm back to square one and in another city.

An hour later, the pizza is delivered and the three of us are in the living room watching a movie while eating delicious heated pizza accompanied with fruit juice.

We talk into the night about the life we're now living then we pray before going to sleep.

The next day my two older siblings take me around the city. Skylar drives as Sierra points out the different landmarks and places I should know about just in case they're not with me. She assures me that that can't happen but just in case.

We're using the special care to assist my needs and once we reach a restaurant for lunch, Skylar presses the button that opens the back door and the ramp.

He helps me down and pushes me into the restaurant. Sierra takes over and orders meals for us.

"So, how do you like the city?" She asks, eyes gleaming.

I smile at my sister's enthusiasm. She's been here for six years after all. Four as a college student and two as an employee.

"It's definitely busier than our little town but not as busy as bigger cities I guess." I start. "I like the structure of buildings and the different scenery."

She nods and smiles. "Nothing beats the beach but this is definitely a pretty and different scene."

We eat the "city food" as Sierra likes to call it. Baby back ribs, mashed potato, and some pork.