Nineteen: Macy

Nineteen: Macy

Lunch

I fiddle with my black hair as I see Jayden and Kayley walking towards our table.

"Hey guys," Batman says.

He's wearing a new Batman shirt today.

Tim and Tom left the camp. Their mom said this place is too expensive.

I bet money they're fighting over something stupid right now like ketchup or the last cookie.

Barney and Riley are on the way to cafeteria. They're being slowpokes because they're checking out the new girls.

"Did you win the fight?" Batman asks.

"Ask Kayley." Jayden sighs.

"I was just trying to scare him away so he wouldn't fight you anymore. Ryder's such a 2 year old," Kayley explains.

"So both of you won the fight?" I said, more as a statement than a question.

"Yes, we did." Both of them say in unison.

"We have got to stop doing that." They say in unison, again.

"Cut that out!" They say together again...

I laugh. They are so cute together!

I wish I had a relationship like that. But I don't need a relationship.

I watch as Batman takes out the yellow papers out of his so-called "man-purse".

"Hey, ah- Mrs.Hetler told us to give these to you."

They were forms for the Disney World trip.

It's like $50 dollars each and they have to be signed by an adult.

Someone has to be "called" to come to the camp and sign the paper.

Lazy peeps.

I watch as Kayley's eyes widen.

"Disney World? I can't go there."

We all look at her. "Why?" we all say in unison.

She hesitates. "Because.. I'm- it's to far." She said, more as a question than a statement.

"Hey uh, Kayley, you're pants are on fire."

She looks down at her red dress and looks back up confusingly.

"Batman, I'm not even wearing pants."

Now there's something you don't hear everyday.

"He means you're lying."

"Pfft-what? I'm not lying!" She says.

"You're really calm for a person who's pants are on fire." Batman replies.

She lowers her head. "Alright Alright Batman. Put down your cape, I'll tell you why I don't want to go."

I put my fork down and listen. The reason may or may not be disgusting so I'm not gonna put any food in my mouth.

"I don't like roller coasters." She says, balling her fists.

"Okay, you don't have to ride anything." Jayden suggests, stuffing Mac and Cheese in his mouth.

That boy eats so much he might as well be the Ticket Muncher at Chuck E. Cheese.

"But when you go to an amusement park, you can't just not ride anything. That shows you have no courage." Kayley says.

"Ok, just ride Space Mountain with us at least." Jayden says.

"I don't know Jayden," Kayley says.

"Please?" He says. Then he makes his puppy dog eyes.

"Okay Okay I'll do it. How in the world did you do that?" Kayley asks.

"He was born with it." I reply.

Kayley's lips raise and she nods.

"Kayley, let me ask you a math question." Batman says.

"Ok." she says.

He writes it down on the top part of his form.

She looks at it. "24 equals b."

We all gasp. "How in the World of Bacon did you do that?"

"Well I combined like terms, dividing both sides by 8, then leaving me another equation. Having then to do the opposite of what the problem's asking leaving me with 24."

We all look at her with open mouths.

"You're a math genius. Just like Jay." Batman says.

Jayden shushes him angrily.

"Hey nothing to be embarrassed about pretty boy. In order to be bad you've got to be smart. So I wouldn't consider you bad if you weren't smart." She says, smiling.

Jayden smiles back looking her in the eyes.

"Macy, are you going to eat that?"

I push the remaining leftovers of my food to him and watch him as he eats every bite like a hungry volture.

"I don't understand how you're not fat." I say to him, shaking my head.

"I exercise." Jayden says, winking at Kayley.