[Hizashi Yamada X Hero!Reader]- Oblivious

Start from the beginning

"Sounds good! Nemuri, are you coming?" Nemuri raised her hands, tilting her head, making a 'huh' noise.

"Nope," She said finally, clapping her hands against her legs.

"No?" Y/N asked, looking at her in confusion, "Hey, how come?"

"I've got plans," Nemuri smiled, lifting up the red-rimmed glasses to sit them in her hair.

"Like what?"

Nemuri's eyes scanned from left to right.

"I've got a date."

"Really?" Y/N asked, excitement creeping into their voice. They leant forward, looking bright, "With who?"

"You... you know? It's a blind date."

"Aw, that's so cute, Nem." Y/N reclined with a sigh, "I wish I could get a date. I don't wanna die alone and bitter."

Nemuri nudged Hizashi sharply again.

"Oh!" He scrambled for words, "Well, maybe there's someone... close. Maybe there's someone right in front of you who would love to have someone as special as you."

Y/N placed a hand over their heart, 'awwing'.

"Aw, Hizashi, that's so sweet." They snorted with laughter, pushing him in the chest, "But who would wanna go out with me? I'm starting to get too old to date."

Nemuri narrowed her eyes,

"Hey, we're all the same age here and we're all single. Don't lump us together."

"Ok, because Nem still has her 'wild youth', she doesn't count." Y/N turned to her screen again.

"Well, maybe there's someone in this room-"

"Hey! Why don't we ask Shouta to join us?" Y/N asked, drowning Hizashi's words out.

"You know what?!" Hizashi yelped, suddenly standing up with such force his chair went skating back, "It's, uh, wow. It's time to go to the bathroom."

"You schedule your bathroom breaks?" Y/N asked skeptically frowning.

"Yes!" He replied hurriedly before dashing out the room.

There was a pause.

"So, Y/N... have you considered that maybe Hizashi meant for you and him to go out?" Nemuri asked, abandoning her work on the computer to scoot her chair over, sitting knee-to-knee with them. "Like, go out... alone?"

"But why'd he do that? It's always more fun with friends!"

Nemuri huffed at their almost childish naïevity.

"Alone as in a date?"

Y/N broke into laughter, shoving playfully at Nemuri's chest.

"As if!" When Y/N realized they were the only one laughing, they slowed to a halt. "Huh, um... you're serious."

"Think about it Y/N! He's always been there for you. He's always worrying about you, he's always there as a shoulder to cry on-"

"That's just him being nice," Y/N interrupted, flushing brightly at turning back to their work. Nemuri raised an eyebrow, staring at them. "R-right? It is?"

"I think that's up to you to decide."

"SHOUTA!"

"Ow."

"If Y/N asks you to dinner can... can you say no?"

Shouta Aizawa was not the first person to go to for love advice. So the most Hizashi could do was ask for a favourite.

"You know, I'm not even gonna ask," Shouta huffed dryly. "Consider it done. I'll just order takeout."

"Orrrr... you could go with Nemuri on a date?"

"Or not."

"No."

"Shame no one was free tonight," Y/N remarked as they left the restaurant. Hizashi laughed sheepishly.

"Yeah... yeah, it is."

Y/N rather suddenly turned to Hizashi, pulling their coat tighter around them.

"Hey, Hizashi?"

"Y-yeah?"

"Was this a date?"

"Wh- haha, no!" He responded loudly. Y/N's face fell.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

Hizashi swallowed thickly.

"I mean... I had hoped it would be."

Y/N looked up at the blonde man, face instantly brightening.

"Why didn't you tell me?" They asked after a pause.

"Well I mean, I've had a crush on you since high school, I kinda missed the 'dating' period." Hizashi paused, "How did you..."

Something clicked, his face clearing.

"Ah... Nemuri?"

"Yeah," Y/N murmured, laughing dryly and rubbing the back of their neck.

"Say, if this had been a date... would you go on a second one?" Hizashi queried. Y/N pursed their lips before quickly pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Does that answer it?"

"I'm hoping it's a yes."

"It is."

"FINALLY!"

The two gained many strange glances from passing people. Y/N laughed, stifling it with their hand.

"Finally," They agreed.

Oof, that was longer than expected but hey. Also, I have no idea how to write Hizashi. The only personality traits I know he has is being able to scream "YEAHHH" really loud and being a blonde twink.

I am so sorry I butchered him oOPS