II | XIII

|| You, Me & Penny Green ||

| Chapter Thirteen |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Embry, are you alright?" Iris asked him curiously as he stared at her daughter. The ginger unconsciously held her closer, feeling particularly wary around these shape shifters.

"Oh, man! Embry you're in for it dude," Jared chortled as Paul laughed with him, holding his stomach. The boy in question seemed to swallow hard, adverting his eyes from a curious Iris.

"Guys, calm yourself." Sam ordered before scratching the back of his head in bewilderment. This obviously wasn't going along with anyone's plans, but then again, when did imprinting ever go with anyone's plans. 

Iris was getting impatient, she felt like she was the only one out of the loop and she didn't like it at all. Glancing around the room, she took a step back, fighting the urge to bolt out of there. "Can someone tell me what's going on?"

"Embry imprinted – "

"Shut up, you idiot!" Embry barked with furrowed brows after smacking Jared on the head. The pack had a silent conversation with their eyes, mutely agreeing that letting Embry explain was the best they could do. With a sigh, he patted his thighs as he trekked closer to the two gingers. Iris immediately stiffened, keeping a close eye on the boy she met a few days ago. 

He held a sheepish expression, a nervous glint in his brown eyes. "Iris... can we uh, speak for a moment. O-outside?"

She frowned, meeting the encouraging eyes of Emily behind him. The ginger nodded silently, following the boy out the front door and towards her car. She never really had any interaction with him, other than placing a bet on his fighting friends. Her first impression was that of his future wolf image, and even then she didn't know what to make of him. 

They stopped by the car and Iris already started putting Pea back in her car seat. She gave the little girl her giraffe stuffed animal to play with while she would talk to Embry. The Quileute boy watched the little girl with a gaze of admiration, checking her over to make sure she was strapped in correctly. The bond had already taken an effect.

"So what is imprinting?" Iris asked bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Embry looked like he went pale for a moment, his stomach clenching with nervous nausea. He didn't know where to start; would Iris let him around Penny? Will she be angry, disgusted? He didn't completely understand the bond himself.