II | VII

DECEMBER

DECEMBER

NEW EMAIL: ED.CULLEN
Subject: What If?

December, 7, 2008

Dear My Love,

I couldn't help, but wonder what if our lives were different. What if you were born during the time I was alive and there was no such thing as the Spanish influenza that made me ill...

My mother would still be alive, no longer suffering from the inside out, only to brave through it when she was around me. She'd love you, I'm sure of it. You're the kind of girl everyone would love on sight. I'd properly get the chance to court you; bringing you around the town with freshly picked flowers (the thorn marks on my fingers to prove it) and we'd go to the finest showings in town. 

You'd wear one of those frilly hats and be the greatest catch around for miles. I'd wonder how lucky of a man was I, to catch the eye of Iris Lorelei Green. The bright haired, plump lip, confident beauty, that everyone tried to rein in yet, failed to catch your eye. I'd ask your father's approval for your hand in marriage. And hopefully, with his approval, I'd wait until the next town gathering and sit by you during dinner. You'd be laughing and chatting amongst your lady friends as I subtly as for your attention. The look on your face would, no doubt, take my breath away, making me suddenly nervous and my hands sweaty. Who knows what you'd say?

I'd ding my glass in front of everyone, their gaze suddenly on me as I went down on one knee and took your delicate hand in mine. Everyone would gasp at the sight of my mother's ring. Even my own mother would tear up at the sight, after waiting for this moment for so long.

Your eyes would glisten with unshed tears and my, still beating, heart would rage in my chest. I'd confess my undying devotion to you, leaving no stone unturned as I stuttered over the words like a fool.

There's a silence amongst the crowd, waiting with baited breath to hear your answer. I truly wouldn't know what you'd say. Would you really spend our days together? Growing old and grey as our children and grand children come over for holidays and Sundays, just to say hi, maybe reminisce about the golden years together.

Single men would go into an uproar when you say yes, knowing you were finally taken, someone had stolen your heart completely, making me the most happiest man in the whole world, because somehow, out of all the men in the world, you've chosen me... And I will make an honest woman out of you, one day. When I'm reunited with you again, and you find it within yourself to forgive my foolish ways. 

What I'm saying, my love, is that we would live a very different life. One where we don'thave to look over our shoulders and just... be. However the universe is so cruel, and I feel we could only live a happily ever after, in, "what if."

Forever Yours, 

Eddie.

EMAIL SENT.

EMAIL UNREAD.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

This one brought me to tears a little, not going to lie.

Do you guys forgive Edward? Let me know in the comments!

Next Upload: Tuesday 29th