Prologue | II

| You, Me & Penny Green |

|| Prologue ||

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"We have to get back," Iris breathlessly protested, her chest rising and falling rapidly. Her eyelids fluttered close in ecstasy as a whimper fell from her swollen lips. Edward hummed against her, not wanting to move from her any time soon. He inhaled her sweet, honey and lavender scent, his lips leaving languid strokes along her neck.

The pair were more in love than ever, unable to keep their hands off of each other for more than an hour. Iris detested being one of those couples, but she couldn't help it. Edward awakened the starving beast within her. She couldn't be sated.

They laid out in their favorite place, the field of wildflowers. Iris' fiery hair was sprawled out around her, weaving in between bright sunflowers like an elegant painting. The setting sun warmed the pair, melting through the clouds and causing Edward to have a magnificent glow. Said immortal crawled on top of her breathless form, shivers of excitement buzzing through him at the sight of her lovestruck frame.

He dragged his smooth lips over her collarbone, earning a gasp from his lover. Iris was pumping with adrenaline, her mind dazed and confused. When he nipped her skin, she swore she saw stars, an incoherent mew being all she could say.

"Now, we really have to go or we'll be late." Edward sealed her lips with a searing kiss, swallowing her weak protests as he tasted her. He chuckled unable to control his desires. Their tongues battled as her fingers snaked in his hair, clenching the perfect tresses. His large hand slid down her curvy form, dragging down her leg and hooking around her thigh.

The sound of Edward's phone ringing, interrupted the moment.

"Ignore it," Iris coaxed this time. She was too distracted now, forget being on time.

Edward smiled, eager to do just that, reconnecting his lips under her jaw. She tilted her head back to give him more biting her bottom lip to stifle her melodic sounds. Just when they were getting into it again, Iris' phone rang this time.

They both groaned, Iris sitting up to reach for her nearby cell. She scowled at the name on the front, flipping it open to answer.

"You have, impeccable timing." She grumbled with sarcasm weighing heavy in her words. The chuckle on the other end annoyed her even more and she glared at the sunflowers.

"Hey, Alice! It worked the second time," Colton cackled. Alice was the one to call the first time and then persuaded the dirty blonde to call the second time. She had the best. gift. ever, not the sarcasm.

"Anyway, put your granny panties back on and get to the house. Alice said their planning Bella's birthday party or something like that. And could you tell Rosalie to let me hold Penny, she's been hogging her for two hours."

Iris already flushed face intensified in color from embarrassment. Trust her brother to always ruin the mood. She felt Edward holding in a laugh beside her and she pushed him away with a stern glare.

"We'll be there, and Rose, let the big baby hold my little baby." She grumbled, knowing the blonde could hear her perfectly through the phone.

"Right now!" Alice yelled over Colton's shoulder and into the phone. The ginger rolled her eyes, Edward already standing and helping her up from the ground. She flipped her phone shut and fixed her messy hair. Edward plucked some twigs and leaves out she missed.

Her eyes narrowed at her lover accusingly, "Your family is going to be the death of me."

"Oh, so it's my family when they get on your nerves," Edward replied sassily. He followed behind her like a little puppy as she stomped towards the edge of the glade.

"Absolutely. Now, come on - I miss my baby." Edward unexpectedly picked her up in his arms, bridal style. A yelp of surprise left her lips as she tightly wrapped her arms around his neck, an infectious grin on his immortal face.

"Your wish is my command, Milady."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃