IV

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Four |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

A pleasant smile lit up Iris' face as she stepped up to her front door. Edward waited until she was completely inside the tiny red house before he zoomed off to deal with his aggravated family. The car ride wasn't anything out of the ordinary, just soft and simple conversation. But coming from someone who's lacked such conversation from anyone her age in a while, it was a nice change.

The home she resided in was quaint and cozy on the inside. The cream walls and wicker pieces perfectly resembled Donna's personality. Not one corner in the house lacked arrangements, different clusters of pot plants and flora cluttered the empty spaces. Hanging plants hung near the closest exits and the home always smelled of Rosemarie, something Iris absolutely adored. She took off her coat as soon as she set foot inside and hung it on the coat rack.

"Donna, I'm home." Iris called as she set her book bag by the front door and walked further into the warm house. The sounds of a pan sizzling met Iris ears, and she padded her way towards the kitchen. There, Donna stood in all her glory, dressed in a baby blue apron and slippers. Her graying brown hair was pulled into a low curly ponytail. Her glasses slipped down the bridge of her nose after constantly pushing them back up. She was a short woman, but mighty nonetheless. The florist could pack a punch with her quick wit and disapproving stare. She was someone Iris wanted to be when she grew up. 

"Oh, darling. Come in, come in – tell me about your day." Iris bit her bottom lip, already knowing Donna would have a fit if she knew what actually happened today. With a sigh, she leaned on the door frame and fumbled with her fingers. 

"Well the day started out like any other, had to change my classes because I was absent." Donna nodded, already knowing this part as she stirred the red sauce for her spaghetti. Iris suddenly found herself immersed in her story, like always when she spoke to the elderly woman. "And then, get this, in my biology class Edward Cullen was looking at me, me of all people."

"Edward Cullen? Dr. Carlisle's adopted son?" Donna wiggled her eyebrows suggestively, making Iris blush and glance at her shoes. "Okay, so what happened next?"

"Nothing actually, he just stared, made no move or comment what-so-ever. Weird right?" Iris played with the tips of her hair, instantly finding split ends as she grimaced at them. With a huff she walked across the intensely yellow kitchen and sat at the breakfast table, a sigh of relief leaving her lips once she was off her feet. Donna made a face, pointing her sauce covered spoon towards the teen, "Maybe he was nervous and was admiring your beauty from a distance."