II | XII

|| You, Me and Penny Green ||

| Chapter Twelve |

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

When Iris said she would be there for Donna, she absolutely meant it. Although her own wounds only got larger and more painful, she pushed through it, assisting the elderly woman anyway she could. 

That meant making sure she took her medication through out the day. Running baths for her every evening and preparing meals in advance for her. Iris held her hair back when she threw up in the toilet and replaced the trashcan beside her bed every time it got full with bloody and wet tissues. 

The ginger did the best she could to keep up with the household chores; washing the laundry for herself, Donna and Penelope, all while she took care of her seven an a half month old, daughter, who in turn, was still getting over her own cold.

Her back ached and the dark circles around her eyes deepened along with the hole in her heart. She often curled up on her bed at night, when she finally got some rest, and found herself unable to close her eyes. Flashing and vivid images behind them, haunted her, causing her to lack sleep all day round'. Iris didn't know when the day started or when it ended, she was always on the go... and it was tearing her apart. 

She turned up the pop music in her car as she was on her way to deliver an order of flowers. The ginger had also taken on the task of Donna's Daisies, seeing as Donna herself was indisposed. Penelope was in the back, along for the ride as she babbled nasally to her distracted mother. 

With her being so busy lately, she had been unable to hang out with Bella and Jacob as much as she wanted to. Things had escalated far too quickly and before she knew it, she had no time to communicate with people her age. Iris was sure Bella and Jacob had got those bikes working already, most likely riding them today like the lively teenagers they were. 

Iris didn't even want to talk about Colton, he actively avoided her now. Not that she necessarily noticed because she didn't have time to, but when she eventually did, it hurt her more than she would let on to anyone else. She knew that he had trouble keeping his emotions under control, and even more so, now that he was immortal and everything was enhanced. But she was hurting too, and she needed her big brother. She had just gotten him back, and now he was no where to be seen, once again. 

Iris drove over the reservation, glancing at her crappy GPS to get to the customers house. Her head was throbbing when she pulled up to a cottage style house with a wide front porch. She eyed it warily as she unbuckled her seatbelt and got out of the car. Someone looked through the front window before shutting the curtain right after.