vingt-et-un

—the funeral was today

when yoongi woke up, surrounded by warm bodies, he felt so numb.

the man who he was half of, the man he used to love, and the one who he would affectionately call 'dad' when he was younger, was dead. he died. yoongi will never be able to tell him goodbye.

but, at the same time, yoongi couldn't help but resent the man. he had brutally abused yoongi in the past. the scars from his abuse were still marked into yoongi's skin. and, those scars would continue to be etched into yoongi's skin forever. they will never fade.

and although yoongi wanted to be very positive and say 'my scars don't define me' like he sees those women on instagram write, that would be a dirty lie. his scars do define him. they mark his abusive past, his struggle with depression and self-love, and even his eating disorder. when yoongi gazes at his scars, he sees a past full of darkness. nothing could change that.

so all yoongi could do was stare up at the ceiling and dread the day that was to come.

he slowly started to get ready. the funeral wasn't until two in the afternoon, so yoongi had a lot of time to prepare and get emotionally ready for the event.

while his amazing boyfriends were sleeping, yoongi was pacing around the living room at six in the morning. he had already had his morning coffee; calorie free with no sugar or cream, his mind added. it seemed as though going back to sleep was not an option.

a creaking sound from the wooden floorboards awoke yoongi from his inner turmoil. he was greeted by the sight of jungkook's big, bunny eyes staring at him.

"hey, baby." jungkook's light airy voice filled the silence in the living room. the other definitely looked very concerned for him, but he couldn't find it in himself to care. yoongi felt so numb.

jungkook sighed, feeling hopeless. usually yoongi wore his emotions on his sleeve. you could tell when he was sad, or if he was excited. if he was sad, yoongi would lock himself up in his room and curl up in their large king sized bed. if he was excited, he would wear that dazzling gummy smile. but now, yoongi's face was blank. jungkook felt so cold just staring at the other.

nonetheless, jungkook had a job to do. it was obvious today would be very stressful for yoongi, and jungkook needed to be by his side. he had to be there for anything yoongi needed.

sucking up his anxiety, jungkook walked over to where yoongi was standing. he wrapped his strong arms around the others petit body, trying to warm him up as much as possible. no words needed to be spoken.

the message was clear—jungkook would be there for yoongi. always.

soon after their hug, jungkook was able to drag the kitten-like male back into bed. he moved yoongi right in the middle, almost knocking seokjin off the bed while trying to make room.