cinq

Yoongi wasn't always addicted to being perfect

"Okay, 100 jumping jacks, 50 push ups and sit ups, 3 miles-"

"Only 3 miles? Yoongi, your fat ass needs to loose more weight."

"Yes, father."

...

Yoongi's father wasn't always abusive.

When Yoongi was younger he thought he had a perfect family, but when he became older he realized how naive he was.

His family was very far from perfect.

Around the age of 14, Yoongi's father started to drink after losing his job. Yoongi's mother often came home late and ignored both him and her husband. She overlooked the abuse and the harsh words, and Yoongi started to hate her.

Mothers are supposed to protect their children and love them, but all Yoongi got was the back of a hand, smacking him.

Yoongi was often jealous of the other kids who had caring parents, and he also started to hate his friends and teachers for not noticing his bruises. Yoongi started to hate everything.

All Yoongi knew was pain, and pain, and more pain. There wasn't a day when Yoongi wasn't struggling to even walk. The pain not only interfered with his grades but also with his social life. He often didn't have the energy nor did he have any courage to face his 'friends' with a face full of bruises.

Around a year later, Yoongi's father got a new job and was promoted, along with his mother, which allowed Yoongi to relax and he started getting less bruises. Slowly life was becoming better, but it doesn't stay this way for long.

...

"Waa-hoo! You're the best Jungkook, look Yoongi, Jungkook got us BIGBANG concert tickets!" Jimin screamed while running up to Yoongi and hugging him.

"I can't wait to see G-Dragon, ugh, he's so daddy." Jimin yelled again, effectively making Yoongi deaf.

"Ew, gross." Jungkook muttered before ripping Jimin off of Yoongi, which made him smile gratefully.

"Jungkook, it's okay, we all know you're still stuck in the closet." Yoongi had to put a mouth over his hand, trying to stop himself from laughing at Jimin's comment.

"Whatever midget." Jimin made a scandalous gasp before laughing, loudly.

Yeah, for now, Yoongi's pretty content with life.