dix-sept

Yoongi stood, petrified of looking his mother in the eyes

Yoongi stood, petrified of looking his mother in the eyes. He hadn't seen nor talked to the women in over a year, dreading the day they would meet again. His mother wasn't very supportive, her words and actions classified as abuse in the eyes of many. The women was cruel and nasty, something Yoongi is glad he didn't obtain from the years of living under a roof with her. Yoongi's mom used to be supportive until she found out he suffered from an eating disorder, and from then on he was classified as 'weak'. When Yoongi's father went on his drunk rampages, she would gladly sit around and watch her son suffer. She truly was a devil in disguise.

He tries to close the door shut but the women's hand reaches out and stops the door from clicking into place.

"Sweetie, please let me in." She tries to sway him with sweet words but it doesn't work. Yoongi can see right through her mask, she's planning to do something harmful to him, Yoongi can see it in her glassy eyes.

"Get away from me." By now Yoongi is just trying to waste time and hopefully one of his boys comes home early. Yoongi puts more force on the door, practically his whole body weight. She must be strong, or he's weak (Yoongi hope's it's just because she's strong) but Yoongi seems to be in a predicament where he can't close the door. Trying to push harder just leaves him with sore muscles.

"I don't want to see or talk to you, leave me the hell alone!" His anger and frustration unfolds and Yoongi screams, trying even harder to push the door shut, now his whole body pushing with a great force. The abuse this women had made him endure leaves Yoongi with a bitter hatred in his heart, he never wants to talk to this evil, despicable women ever again!

The pain of his words seems to reflect in the mothers face, her eyes becoming even more glassy and hazy.

"Your father died!" She screams, her own rage seeming to push out from under the fake mask she was wearing.  Her husband had recently just died, and now her own son hates her.

Yoongi freezes, the words his mother said slowly processing in his mind. His father died. He's gone.

The man was an evil bastard. Yoongi had endured many years of abuse and torment at the hand of this monster, but at the same time, that monster was his father. The man that his DNA is half of, the man who raised him, the man who had loved him until he appeared 'weak'. It was a sick thought, but at least his father had loved him for a short period of time. Some other kids don't even know their father.

Before he can stop himself, he's crying. Painful, hot, and runny tears are streaming down his face, and Yoongi's sure they aren't pretty tears. These tears are angry, hot, ugly, and plain awful.

But then the feeling of hate and distastefulness comes back, and Yoongi is left pitifully wiping his tears. Yoongi feels insecure, small, and overall weak. He shouldn't be crying but the tears seem to have their own mind, they just continue to fall.

Yoongi feels his grip on the door fall weak and he steps back, tears still falling on the black 'welcome' mat right behind the apartment entrance.

His mother takes the chance and opens the door, being careful of her son on the other side.

"I'm sorry that i have to tell you under these circumstances but it was inevitable. Can i please come in?" Yoongi was grateful she was somewhat asking for his consent, but the bitterness Yoongi feels for her out-ways the grateful feeling. She abused, and allowed abuse to happen towards him, and that's something he could never forgive her for.

But, he nods anyways and allows her to enter the apartment.

"What a lovely home you have." Yoongi's mom, Eunji, says politely, still weary of how and what she should say towards her son. Yoongi stays silent, only a nod indicating he had heard her.

Eunji coughs awkwardly and follows her son towards the open living room, taking a seat on the white, plush, couch.

"I guess I should start off with how he died," Eunji starts, taking a deep breath before continuing, "after you left he had focused on work even more. I barely ever saw him. The stress of bills, you being gone, and me being resentful must have been too much. He died last week in his sleep of a heart attack." She says quietly, almost nervous of Yoongi's reaction.

Yoongi stays quiet and silently allows his mom to continue.

"I know you hate us both, and probably never want to see us again, but his funeral is Tuesday of next week and i'd like for you to come. Then, i'll be out of your way." Yoongi is glad she doesn't want a long term commitment because even seeing her face now makes his entire body feel stressed and painful memories are starting to come back.

"Okay, i'll go to the funeral but I can't promise we'll see each other again. I have a new life now, one that doesn't include painful memories." Yoongi feels he should add a 'sorry', but doesn't, not feeling as though he really should be sorry.

"That's okay." Eunji whispers, deciding it's not worth the fight to argue with her son. He was right. She wouldn't have wanted to see her parents either if they treated her the way they did Yoongi.

But it still hurt.

Seeing her son be so meek and small for the first time in awhile reminded her of the monster she and her husband were. They were so cruel to Yoongi, never seeing him as a son but instead an object. She was disgusting. Her husband was disgusting. Eunji could never forgive herself.

Before Eunji would talk more with Yoongi, the door was unlocked and opened by Namjoon. Eunji stared, curiosity practically glowing in her eyes. 

Namjoon looked at the guest and his boyfriend, then seeing the distressed look on Yoongi's face, seeing him curl up onto himself immediately made him defensive.

"Who's our guest Yoongi?" Namjoon steadily made his way to Yoongi, wanting to protect him if anything happened.

"This is my mom. Eunji Min."

And suddenly, Namjoon knew why Yoongi looked so distressed.

...

umm hi

- trying to have eunji and yoongi's feelings in the same chapter is tough ::)))) -

i'm trying to update/post new books + do schoolwork + homework + volleyball, and its hard so please bare with me (i love complaining haha)

also thanks so much for 10k reads wtf i love you all

okay bye