𝟎𝟔: 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬!

"SINCE you are so determined, i'm going to give you a c-ranked mission. you'll be bodyguards on a journey."

the blonde uzumaki filled with excitement, turned to face the hokage.

"who? who? are we guarding a princess? or some counselor?"

don't be so impatient, naruto

as the third ordered for the person to enter the room, kakashi and all of squad seven turned their focus to the door-- eager to see who would emerge. the sliding door opened to reveal an old man who reaked of alcohol.

"what the-- a bunch of little snot nosed kids?"

michiru rolled her eyes as the man took a drink from the bottle-- the liquid dribbling down the sides of his mouth.

"who's the drunk old fart?"

kakashi caught the red head's words, sending a smack to the back of her head. as she glared at sensei, the old man removed the empty bottle from his lips and spoke.

"can it, hot head."

he straightened out his stance, still leaning on the doorway for support. his lazily lifted his chin towards the group as he continued.

"and you, the little one with the idiotic look on your face. you really expect me to believe your a ninja?"

as the four were arranged in a line, naruto looked around-- his eyes widening as he realized he was the shortest. michiru started towards the old, her patience already thinned out, but naruto grabbed her arm-- stepping to the male instead.

kakashi held the blonde as he threatened the man, "you can't demolish the client, naruto. it doesn't work that way."

the grey haired male took a final swig before letting out a sigh.

"i am tazuna, a master bridge builder, and i must return to my country. i'm building a bridge there that will change our world, and i expect you to get me their safely.-- even if it means giving up your life."

the group conversed various topics as they walked, michiru straying behind-- face glued to her book. as she went to turn the page, uzumaki noticed a puddle.

looks like we got company

within moments of passing the small pool, ninja had emerged-- their chains going directly to kakashi, ripping the jonin to shreds.

"k-kakashi sensei!"

naruto was flabbergasted, his eyes rapidly moving around-- as if searching for a reasonable explanation.

the unidentified ninja laughed dryly, moving their focus to the immobile uzumaki.

"now it's your turn."

just as they were about to attack, sasuke took to action. the uchiha sending shuriken and a kunai at the chain-- pinning down the opponent's weapon to a nearby tree.

the ninjas released the chains and ran to the bridge builder, the other at naruto.

michiru acted fast, appearing before her brother in an instant. as the ninja drew closer, the female pushed her brother out of the way-- getting hit with the blade in place of him