𝟎𝟓: 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝! 𝐤𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

TEN minutes after the bell rang, signaling the end of the challenge, michiru had finally arrived the meeting point. to her surprise, uchiha was being held down by kakashi-- sakura yelling and naruto tied to the post.

"--tsk, use your head. four people on a squad. why do you think we do that?"

naruto yelled in frustration, "aah! how are we supposed to know? we didn't make the rules."

michiru folded her arms as she spoke. "it's simple-- teamwork."

they all looked at the girl, their faces all showing shock. michiru was seated on the post naruto was tied to. kakashi nodded at her answer, then pulled a kunai to sasuke's neck.

"sakura, kill naruto now or sasuke dies."

this statement caught them off guard. michiru was the first to act-- pulling out a kunai and stepping in front of her brother. the two's bewilderment was enough for uzumaki to let her guard down.

during his spiel, kakashi mentioned his closest friend's names being engraved on the kia ninja stone. before the atmosphere could get too sad, the jounin gave squad seven a chance to redeem themselves.

"you'll have three hours to get a bell. eat up now to build up strength. but naruto doesn't get any."

the blonde uzumaki grunted.

"it's your punishment for breaking the rules and trying to eat by yourself. and if anyone tries, to feed him, that person will fail immediately--"

as kakashi spoke, michiru started for the forest once again-- leaving the group confused.

when she returned, sakura and sasuke were enjoying their lunches-- naruto starring at the untouched food belonging to his sister. his growling stomach gaining everyone's attention.

"you want some?"

the twins made eye contact before naruto looked away.

"this is no big deal! i can go without eating for days, for weeks. believe it! this is no big deal--"

the red head shoved a helping of food in naruto's mouth-- his eyes widened at the action. uzumaki quickly chewed his food, so he could speak.

"michiru, you're gonna get in trouble if you feed me."

she shrugged, preparing another bite for her brother-- "so be it."

uchiha was slightly moved by the sibling's actions. once he'd finished chewing he too offered his lunch.

"no sasuke, you can't do that! you heard what the sensei said."

the uzumakis both looked towards their comrades, waiting for the outcome.

"kakashi's gone. we need to get those bells as a team."

sasuke looked out into the trees, "if naruto's hungry, he'll be weak and ineffective. that hurts the team and jeopardizes the mission."

sakura contemplated on his words, ultimately coming to the decision to share her food as well. as the pair shared dialogue about the lunch-- michiru sensed a presence by the trees.

it's another test

as soon as the pink haired girl fed naruto the weather suddenly changed. lightning filling the darkened sky as strong winds presented kakashi.

"you broke the rules. i hope you're ready for the punishment. any last words?"

sasuke took fighting stance while naruto and sakura let out whimpers-- michiru unfazed as she continued to read her book.

"the four of you are one, that's your excuse? hm. you pass."

the group was collectively in a state of shock. their brains stuttering for a moment, every part of them on pause while their thoughts catch up.

michiru closed her book, her hand reaching into her pocket.

"since we passed, what do you want me to do with these?"

it was the bells.