𝟎𝟒: 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥: 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭

TRAINING

TRAINING.

for as long as she could remember, whether she was:

sad,

angry,

or confused

it was always an immediate fix for michiru. in this case, she'd experienced yet another nightmare.

to see him dead was to die herself. there was no her without him, no life after his love. he had been her all, her raison d'être, and existing when he no longer did cracked her mind in a way that would never heal.

the violent red stained her shaking hands. the color burned in her mind along with what she had just done. a sickness crawled within michiru as she tried to wash the stains off but, the stains stayed etched into her mind - an eternal reminder of the act committed.

michiru could feel the darkness of the forest drawing closer to her and pressing down, suffocating her slowly as she stood carefully in the thick maze of woodland. the densely packed trees loomed high above, but remained still despite the icy breeze that continued to flow around her. the silvery moonlight was slowed to a trickle by the full branches, and michiru had to squint, only to see a shadow looming ahead.

a sudden slice in the air administered by michiru, sent the trees within a thirty foot radius flying.

"reveal yourself."

a silhouette stepped out from the trees, chuckling as they came into the light. "you're a brave one, michiru uzumaki."

the man sported the mask from her reoccurring nightmares.

the fear traveled in michiru's veins but never made it to her facial muscles or skin. her complexion remained pale and matte, her eyes as steady as if she were shopping for shoes.

" but remember, i sense your fear and desperation. the prey must never let down its guard-- not even for a moment, in the presence of its predator."

"who are you? and what it is that you want?"

she fixed into a fighting stance, eye focused on the unidentified figure.

"what i want?", he looked straight at her and spoke, "for you to mature just a bit more. then we'll find cross paths once more and i will make you stronger.."

as the person turned away, michiru threw a kunai at the tree besides his head.

"you still haven't answer my question-- who are you?"

a gust of wind rushed towards her, micihru's arms coming up to the block the sudden wind. as she removed her arms, the young girl squinted at the person a few yards away-- the different colored eyes now both on display.