⊰ 28 ⊱

Amaryllis never figured out how long her and Magno laid unconscious on the floor of the alleyway. To her knowledge, someone had discovered them and called the proper authorities and next thing Amaryllis could remember was waking up in the hospital.

She had been a lot luckier than Magno with her inguries, mostly fixable bruises and scratches and a few bruised ribs, not to mention the prominent gash on her head. As for Magno, he had been in critical condition upon first arriving to the hospital and is currently in surgery. So now all they could do was wait.

Not wanting to leave her friends side, Amaryllis waited all night for any type of news. She did receive the chance to meet Magno's family. They were charming nice people, and Amaryllis assumed that talking with them would ease both of their nerves. There wasn't one parent he favored in looks more than the other and had a pleasant little brother. Amaryllis also learned something new about Magno; his really name. Suzuki Yuma. She couldn't help but look forward to telling him this new information once he is stable.

Amaryllis sat in the lobby of the hospital for hours. Too worried to leave or catch any sleep. So in this time she spent a great deal of it replaying her quarrel with Red Mask over and over in her head, looking at ever little detail she could remember, as well as his cryptic words. He moved so fast and hit with such force, surly his super human abilities had to be caused by a quirk, but Amaryllis never saw any signs of a quirk being used. Then again, everything happened so fast it's hard to recount many of these steps. Not to mention his strange words. What the hell could they even mean? What did he tell Yuma? What was he planning? Amaryllis was so tired by this point it made her brain hurt to think about it too hard.

There were a couple of times Amaryllis considered texting Toya, wondering if just talking with him might calm her nerves, but she could never bring herself. She didn't have a good reason for this either, which bugged her even more.

While Amaryllis was going through her inner debate, a nurse approached them telling the condition of Yuma. They were told that Yuma had made it through surgery and is doing well, they were just waiting for him to wake up. There was a sigh of relief through all of them. They at least knew that Yuma was going to be okay.

It was another hour in when his mother approached Amaryllis. She spoke very softly into her ear, short and sweet. "You should go home and get some sleep." Amaryllis turned around the protest but stopped once she saw the look in her eyes. There was a mix of a worried and sweet look shining in her blue eyes. They were just like Yuma's, and also reminded Amaryllis of her mother's eyes. It's been a while since she saw her mother.

Yuma's mother assured Amaryllis that they would contact her when Yuma woke up and insisted of Amaryllis going home and getting some rest. She finally did comply and got her father to come pick her up from the hospital.

Amaryllis nearly passed out she was so exhausted when she climbed into the car. Her father kept on trying to ask her questions but she was too tired to answer in of them, and he eventually gave up on his questions.

The car ride home was quiet, with Amaryllis's mind being too fuzzy to have one clear thought. There was one face that kept on reappearing is those clouded thoughts. Red Mask. Who was looking like he too would now haunt Amaryllis's mind.