⊰ 15 ⊱

"You're being rather snippy today."

Amaryllis's irritated tone took Toya from his thoughts. Even with Amaryllis sitting right in between his legs he had zoned out when things had gone quite. She wasn't wrong though, about Toya being snippy, they had bickered for a bit and ended up just sitting in silence after that, this kind of left both of them in a bad mood and vibe.

Amaryllis leaned back into his chest and arched her neck to gaze up at Toya. "Is something bothering you?" She asked. Toya just gazed into her red eyes, they just seemed endless from this angle. Staring right through him.

Toya took a moment to think about his answer. His mind went back to last night, when he was just sitting in the cold contemplating his thoughts. On how he wished to just pour his worries out to this silver haired hero.

"Why?," was what Toya replied. "Do you want to know?" He sounded a bit unsure of his words, as well as the facts that Toya was unsure how they really fit with her question. Amaryllis, as well, took a moment to reply.

Amaryllis removed her gaze from his. "I guess..." she spoke slowly. "I was just curious?" She was unsure. "Like maybe I could help if I knew..." her words were soft, her unsure tone growing as she continued.

Toya could just barley see her hands over her silver head. She had then cupped together, like she was nervous about something. Toya moved his arms to wrap them around her waist, pulling Amaryllis even closer to him.

Neither of them seemed to know what to say, for they sat in silence, and Toya just focused on the rise and fall of her stomach. In a way, Toya found it comforting.

However, that comforting feeling was soon interrupted when Amaryllis began to stir. She rose from the ground and seemed to be staring off into nothing.

"Did you hear anything?" She said in a hushed voice, she sounded alarmed. Toya hadn't been paying attention much so he didn't notice any strange noise. Toya got to his feet and tried to see what Amaryllis was staring at.

They had spent their afternoon together in the hidden park and Amaryllis looked like she was just gazing into the receding mass of brush.

Without saying a word, Amaryllis began to make her way forward, deeper into the undergrowth. Toya watched her for a moment before he followed.

As they went further and further, Toya began to wonder what the hell she could of heard. Up ahead there seemed to be a place where the underbrush disappeared and dipped down. The question was where did it lead.

Toya watched Amaryllis crouch down and peer over the brush down into the slop. Toya crouched down next to her, transfixed by this new look in her eyes. It was something he hadn't seen before, such an intense look shining in her red orbs. He would be lying if this didn't turn him on.

Toya followed her eyes and saw what she was looking at. The slop wasn't very deep and gave way to a paved clearing. In the mitts of the clearing was a group of busy people lugging around packages and barrels. The fact that they moved quickly and worked in such a secluded area gave off the vibe that they were doing something they weren't supposed to.

"I saw something about this somewhere," Amaryllis said, her eyes still focused on the working men below. "Illegal shipments. Weapons and such." Toya wondered how much money was just sitting in those crates.

Amaryllis could be heard counted under her breath, "12," she said, "no, 13." She then turned to Toya, her eyes gleaming. "Can Endeavor's eldest son handle himself in combat?" Her voice was smooth and cocky, like she was trying to start a fight. Toya gave her a sly smile in response, and the bad vibes from today just washed away. "You bet your ass," was Toya's reply.