⊰ 23 ⊱

I feel the need to put a slight mature content warning for this chapter. It's nothing too bad but still. I feel it could still fall under that category.

~

Toya had been right about the snow last night, for when Amaryllis woke up the next morning there was a thin sheet of the white substance covering the ground. No matter how pretty it was, Amaryllis hated the coldness of snow.

Toya had wanted to hang out today but Amaryllis did not want to set a foot out into that white mess. So instead she invited him over again while her father was away at work.

When he arrived, however, his appearance startled Amaryllis. For Toya's face was covered in scraps and bruises. Even with his denial, Amaryllis insisted on treating his cuts.

Amaryllis's concerns grew when she found out that he was covered in scrapes. Toya wouldn't tell her where he got them from either, no matter how hard she pressed on the matter. It also concerned Amaryllis that she knew for a fact that this ointment stung like a bitch, yet Toya didn't even flinch.

"Doesn't this stuff sting?" She had finally asked. Amaryllis was now on his back, and she couldn't help admire how well toned and built he was. She wondered how he kept a body like this up. Regardless, Amaryllis made sure that Toya had heard her question but alas he did not answer. She took a break from her work so that she could weave herself around to meet his blue eyes.

His eyes were blank and one could easily tell that Toya was off in his own little world. It took him a moment to notice Amaryllis's steaming eyes. "Did you say something?" Amaryllis huffed a small sigh.

"I said, doesn't this stuff sting? At all?" Toya took a moment before answering. "I'm just used to it." He said with a small shrug. This answer also concerned Amaryllis. It made her mind buzz with thoughts on what he could have endured in previous years. She tried to ignore those thoughts and went back to his wounds without saying a word.

After finishing up, Amaryllis found herself running her hands up Toya's back and over onto his shoulders. His skin was still very warm, he was like a damn furnace. A furnace who was built like a fucking athlete that is.

"Have you finished?" Toya's voice broke Amaryllis's daze. She removed her hands form his warm skin, "yeah," she mumbled. Toya rose from his seat and grabbed his shirt. She just watched as he slipped it back over his head. It was short sleeved and Amaryllis gazed at the bandages he still had wrapped around his one arm. Why would he still have those bandages on? It was quite a while back when he received those injuries, so whatever is under there should be healed by now. So what was he trying to hide.

Toya had apparently noticed Amaryllis's staring. "See something you like?" He purred. Amaryllis shot him a look before she went on to put away the first aid kit. "Didn't you bring something you wanted help with? Like school work?" Amaryllis decided against preying on the mysterious bandage.

"Oh yeah," Toya mumbled, "I did do that."

"What was it again?" Amaryllis reached high above her head to put the container back from whence it came.

"Algebra," Toya said.

"I can do that," Amaryllis was struggling to get the container high enough, she was about to give in and just climb on the counter. "To a certain extent." She groaned these words out and she stretched as high as she could. Why did the first aid have to belong at the very top of the kitchen?

She felt Toya's presence loom behind her. He pushed the container up onto the ledge with ease. "Thanks," Amaryllis mumbled, turning around she realized that she was cornered by Toya's tall figure.