Chapter Fifty Four

Only Temporary

here it is my ivoryconfessions fam !! I know you all have been waiting in bated breath, so I won't make you wait any longer 🖤

recommended song:
My My Love by Joshua Radin

-

A couple of weeks had passed since Marcel's little gift had arrived at the Mikaelson home. No one had really moved on, but Elijah was the one who continued to worry over what would happen next. Evangeline could sense it. Every so often she would try to distract him, take his worrisome mind somewhere else, but nothing was seeming to work. As the days slipped by, she continued to grow, her round torso causing her to hobble around the house. She couldn't really use her vampire speed anymore, something which Kol teased her about daily, but she didn't mind. Each moment that she wasn't able to reminded her of the little miracle growing inside. She knew Elijah was excited, despite how distracted he was. She could tell in the few words that he used, his soft, subtle touches while they lay in bed, and the gentle kisses on her belly, whispering sweet nothings to the baby while he thought Evangeline was asleep. It only made her love him more. She knew he was worried. She had learned to read him like a book. But she hoped that when the baby did come, he would allow himself to relax. Even if it was for a few moments.

Hayley had returned a week later. After she had left Hope with her Grandma Mary, she was focused entirely on Evangeline, making sure everything was prepared before the time came to give birth. As crazy as she was being, over preparing for literally everything, Evangeline let her, knowing that Hayley never had the chance to prepare when she had Hope. And, she had to admit, the hybrid was very thorough. Evangeline didn't have to do a thing.

As she was settling into bed that night, she could barely roll over onto her side to snuggle up next to Elijah. She heard him chuckle softly at her attempts, before she gave him a playful slap on the shoulder.

"It's not funny."

"You look adorable, darling. Rolling around like that."

"If I didn't weigh three hundred pounds and feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball, I would snap your arm." Evangeline sneered, pulling herself up against the wall of pillows behind her.

"I highly doubt that." Elijah laughed, helping her situate herself.

"Just wait till I have this baby." She replied. "Your baby."

"Our baby." Elijah winked at her, wrapping an arm just above her bulging stomach. "Goodnight, my babies."

"Goodnight, Elijah." Evangeline replied, allowing herself to drift off into a deep sleep.

The next thing she knew, she woke up screaming. Eyes snapping open, another stab of pain hit her and she let out a second cry. Elijah, who had immediately awoken from her first one, had already tossed back the covers and was searching her for any injuries. When his eyes widened, he looked back up at her, irises dancing with .... excitement?