Chapter Twenty Seven

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

-

A soft knock on the bedroom door caused Evangeline to jump awake. As she attempted to adjust to the bright morning sun streaming in from the windows, she caught sight of Freya in the doorway, apologizing profusely for waking her up. Evangeline simply smiled and invited the eldest Mikaelson in. Freya seated herself on the end of the bed and prepped to say the speech that she had been practicing in her head since the night before.

"Evangeline, I'd like you to meet me downstairs. We're having a family meeting."

"A family meeting? What for?" Evangeline asked wearily, sensing Freya's uneasy attitude.

"It's nothing to worry about. We just wanted to discuss the plans for today as a whole."

"Oh, okay." Evangeline nodded. "I'll meet you downstairs then."

Freya gave her one last smile before standing up from the bed and slipping out the bedroom door. Evangeline sighed to herself as she stood to get dressed. She didn't know why Freya was acting so strange, but she did know that whatever it was, couldn't be too bad. Freya was the only person she mostly trusted.

Evangeline descended the stairs to see the entire family seated in the living room, chatting with one another. As she entered, Freya patted the seat on the couch beside her and Evangeline sat down.

"I'm sure you all are wondering why I called this family meeting." Rebekah stood from her chair with a large grin on her face.

Evangeline slowly shrunk back into the couch, her memory of Rebekah the night before still evident in her mind. She was scared of the youngest sister.

If she had so quickly compelled her then, what was stopping her from doing it in the future? And who's to say the other Mikaelson siblings weren't the same way?

Evangeline turned her attention back to Rebekah, but she kept a weary eye on the rest of the siblings as well.

"I am quite concerned with whatever mischief you seem to have planned." Niklaus chuckled, rolling his eyes at his little sister.

"It's not mischief, Nik." Rebekah protested. "It's fun!"

"What kind of fun did you have in mind, dear sister?" Kol asked, the hint of a smirk apparent on his lips.

"Well, for starters, you boys need to leave."

"How rude." Kol scoffed, throwing a hand to his heart.

"It's nothing against you all." Rebekah rolled her eyes. "The plans Freya and I have made just don't involve you three."

"Well how pleasant of you to exclude us." Niklaus mumbled under his breath.