Part 12: Reality

Depuis le début

The light disappeared and I fell forward, limp. My whole body was screaming in pain.

"W-whyy..." I grimaced. Why did my barrier break? Was I not strong enough?

Amon cackled wildly as he watched me suffer.

"Dear girl, do you not remember the past day? I've been testing your barrier constantly for hours. Even you have limits to your natural magic after so much time..." He continued to cackle as realisation set in. He held up an empty syringe and I suddenly felt like I'd be hit with a huge rock.

He'd been testing on me.
Keeping me in an semi unconscious state and using his attacks to engage my magic defense. If he really was telling the truth of how long it had been..it was no wonder I couldn't defend myself any longer. All of those random images and sounds in my dreams..those were his attacks. I realised I was semi conscious during the entirety of his torture and I felt within seconds of vomiting.

The realisation hit me hard and my emotions started to set in. I continied to shake uncontrollably as anxiety and terror began to course through me. If I couldn't defend myself, and I had no one to protect me...how was I going to survive this?

Before my thoughts could get too far away from me, I looked to Amon but shifted my eyes to see in my peripherals if there was any way out. A door, a weapon, a staircase, something, anything.

Amon continued to laugh as he watched me. He seemed to find my shaking funny.

"Looks like someone is running out of ideas.." He chuckled and summoned another ball of sparks, sending it at me full force.

I took another full brunt of the power and screamed, weaker this time, and felt my vision black out for a few moments. I fell forward and began breathing faster as my anxiety began to turn into panic.

I was losing time and energy. I needed to get out of here fast.

"Looks like your starting to get tired Alice.. maybe I should give you more sedative to help you sleep.." Amon chided proudly, then began walking towards a table where he held what looked like a medical kit and more syringes.

I sat up slowly once I felt able but any courage I had left was immediately drained from me when I saw him reach for the sedative. I was doomed. I started pulling desperately at my restraints on my wrists, willing my muscles to break the chains and let me go. I had never had a panic attack before but, I could tell my fear was jumbling my thoughts. I couldn't think of a single logical solution.

He came closer and all I could do was pray someone would come. I struggled more against the shackles but to no avail, I was too weak to even make a possible getaway. Amon kneeled infront of me and dread filled my stomach. I was a goner..

"Enjoy your rest, Alice..." Amon giggled wildly and stuck me with the syringe, injecting a sedative that immidiately made me woozy. I felt my consciousness start to fade and my hearing start to fail me.

-----------

(Sirius P.O.V)

BANG

I burst through the wooden padlocked door, panting. I had finally made it to the 12th floor, the top of the castle. I was bloody and battered, taking on the entire Magic Tower disciple army was no easy task. I had dodged many magical attacks and had quite the few injuries already because of it. I had to be careful, my right arm was already sprained because of an attack I couldn't dodge.

I stepped into the cavern just as I saw Amon stand. Something thin and glass fell from his hands and made a sharp sound as it fell to the floor. I looked towards it and felt immediate disgust.

"Your sick, Amon.." I growled through gritted teeth. I needed to keep his attention. And as I spoke to him I glanced at Kelly. She looked terrible..but I could tell from her shaking that she was still alive. Maybe conscious, maybe not. She was leaning forward, limp, with her arms and ankles shackled.

"Why Sirius! The Black Army's trump card has come to save the day!" He laughed wildly and sent a blast of magic at me, I jumped right and forward to dodge, rolling forward in a somersault then landing on my feet to stand. I unsheathed my sword with (accidently) my sprained arm and faultered, dropping it. Another blast of magic cascaded towards me and I hopped left this time, towards the middle of the room, before ducking for the sword and grabbing it. I stood in proper stance.

"I never knew the King of Magic Tower hid so well behind his pretty magic tricks.." I spat sarcastically. I needed to anger him, the more frustrated he got, the less accurate his attacks would become.

Amon snickered.
"You won't be saying that once your dead, Queen of Spades." The man leapt forward as he pulled a sword flickering in light from the crystal in his hand, and I leapt forward as well. I promised myself then and there. Even if I was reduced to nothing, I would get Kelly out of there, no matter what.

-----------
(Fenrir's P.O.V)

"Ray, we have to go." I urged him once again, leaning against the horse as he and the rest of the troops sat in their horses, staring at me.

"Your gravely injured Fenrir. We are going home." Ray was quick to dismiss me due to my injuries. But I wasn't giving up that easily.

"Look at how bad I look. I doubt Kelly got by without a scratch. I'm sure she is in the Magic Tower with Amon.." Ray looked to me and sighed, but didn't intervene. He allowed me to continue my argument.

"She isn't from this world. Imagine how terrified she is. The Red Army needs to take responsibility for their actions of sending the Magic Tower to take her." I grit my teeth in frustration, trying to remain focused through my mass of injuries paining my body.

"The Black Army covers each others backs. We need to confront King Lancelot, to avenge Kelly."

"He's right, Ray." Luka sauntered forward on his horse, coming out from the crowd of troops.

"This is a low blow in the midst of a deadly war. She had no part in the war up until now." I made sure to remind myself that later I'd have to thank Luka. He was always the logical anchor in these types of conversations.
"King Lancelot planned this below the belt. It deserves to be noticed."

Ray sighed again then looked at me.

"Fine, we'll go to the Red Kingdom." He then looked to Luka, before looking back to me.

"But your seriously injured. I want you to ride with Luka. And you are not to interfere at all in the conversation with Lancelot. You are to remain quiet. Got it?"
I could tell by Ray's face that he wasn't kidding around. I nodded quietly.

"Yes, Sir."

And so, with a single yell, Ray ordered the backup brigade to continue their way left, towards the Red Kingdom, in the wee hours of the morning, with the moon still high and the night sky watching above us.