Part 1

"I think I've said this enough times, Clifford. We need a drummer. And I have someone in mind already." I heard Calum state to me. I was in no mood to listen so I looked down at my hands as the cord to one of my earphones twirled around my index finger.

"Yeah, I agree with Calum. I feel that a drummer would be the perfect addition to the band. Come on, Mike." Luke piped up, my gaze lazily falling onto his tall figure. I heaved a heavy sigh and glanced down again, not caring one bit. "Guys. I said I don't fucking care, okay? Add whoever the fuck you want to this band, just don't expect me to be all nice and friendly with them." I heard Calum groan a bit at my words, rolling his eyes a bit before shrugging in defeat. "Alrighty, Michael. Just to warn ya, bud. He's already on his way." I shot Calum a death glare as I saw him stride off to go upstairs.

"Aw, Clifford. A new addition to the band won't be so bad, right? From what Calum told me, this guy is super talented on the drums. And he plays other instruments as well." Luke chimed, thinking that telling me nice things about this guy will magically get me to like him. No. I am not willing to give this new guy any real attention, let alone my respect. I snapped my head to the side as I heard the front door shut, soon hearing pairs of footsteps clonk down the stairway to the basement.

And to my utter surprise, please note my sarcasm, Calum was not alone. I clicked my tongue, annoyed, as I looked away, not wanting to look at this guy.

"Guys, I want you to meet Ashton Irwin. He's gonna be our new drummer and roommate." Calum stated, a happy, unfamiliar tone in his voice. I turned my head, finally giving up and looking at this Ashton person.

And. To my surprise, no sarcasm intended this time, he was...truly the cutest guy I have ever seen.

"Hey there, I'm Ashton. I hope to get along with you guys." Ashton said, his voice on the higher side with a chipper tone to it. He smiled at Luke, than at me. He had a dimple on his cheek when he grinned, how cute...Wait, no! Michael, don't think like this! Just a few minutes ago you were fuming about not liking this guy. Don't go gushing over how nice and soft his sandy coloured hair looked, or how he had the deepest, richest hazel coloured eyes you have ever seen, or even how cutely short he seemed next to Calum, who was rather tall himself. Just don't think like that!

"Hey Ashton! I'm Luke, nice ta meet ya." Luke said, standing and going over to the others. Even though Ashton held out his hand rather awkwardly, Luke chuckled at the behaviour and pulled him into a hug. Ashton stood still for a minute before shyly hugging Luke back. When they detached, I could see the obvious blush covering the drummer's cheeks. Tch, he's only reacting like that because he's a nervous shit. Why was he so nervous anyway? Luke is the nicest looking person here.

I was snapped out of my train of thought when I heard Calum snapping at me. "Mike! Introducing yourself wouldn't be the worst thing to do." Ashton gave a small laugh before glancing at me. I put on my most emotionless face I could do and scanned him up and down. "I'm Michael Clifford." I simply said, turning away and quietly kissing my teeth. I couldn't let my thoughts get the best of me. Even though my current thoughs on the drummer all seemed to just encourage my lower regions to want and introduce themselves as well to drummer boy. I have got to make it seem like I hate him..

"Its nice to meet you, Michael." Ashton said in his upbeat voice again. He had a pretty thick accent, guessing he was from the more in town part of Sydney.

"So, how about I show you to your room and then we can all go out to eat, sound good, Ash?" Calum said, glancing at Ashton with a smile. The way he said Ash so comfortably was like he had known him for years and they were best friends..I don't understand why that rubs me the wrong way.

"That sounds wondeful, Calum! Thank you." They both left the room quick. I gave an annoyed sigh before glancing at Luke, who had a silly grin on his face. "What's got you so happy, Hemmings?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Oh nothing! But don't you agree that the new drummer boy is kinda like...cute?" I blinked at him before scoffing and rolling my eyes. "No, I don't fucking agree." Great lying skills, Clifford.

[Omg...I think this is my first Wattpad story o.o I kinda am sure that no one will read it because its pretty shitty. I feel like I swear too much, oops. I dunno why my keyboard is being weird and shit...Imma edit this later or something ._. Its also 6am, how wonderful....Okay, bye, I am way too awkward for this.

-Jess