I'd literally almost died laughing my ass off and was running on an emotional high because of it.

I hadn't laughed that much or felt so good in actual years. For me it felt like the universe was very slowly turning full circle and allowing a bit of good fortune to slide into my life, giving back to me some of the good karma I'd put into the world over the years.

"I'm practicing," I quietly told him, doing another little spin on my toes and arching, arms gracefully extending high above me. "I'm heading out tomorrow night on my first date in decades, but I haven't gone dancing at a club in almost forty years. I want to be ready." I paused, then added as an afterthought, "plus, I love dancing just as much as I do singing."

He smiled and nodded, signing, 'I can see that.'

"Obviously. We all know I'm not good at hiding how I feel, especially when I'm happy," I said with a soft smile. "He's going to pick me up around ten at night, and then we're going to have fun. I've needed this for a while, I think."

Woody nodded, and I went back to my mindless dancing, humming and daydreaming about the throbbing club music, the dark dance floor with its wildly flashing light strobes illuminating everything in a surreal way, the misty smoke that could enhance that otherworldly feeling...

The press of warm bodies against mine, the feeling of life and energy and electricity.

God... I'd genuinely missed going clubbing. 

Even as I twisted and spun, even as I jerked my legs this way and that in flashy, well-timed movements, even as I sank down and did the splits before swinging my legs back around and flipping back onto my feet, all I could think about was how good it was going to feel to be seen.

To have people see me dance, see my art, see my talent and desire to shine.

To have them see me without feeling afraid for once.

I couldn't deny it.

I was excited.

Woody watched me with luminous green eyes as I cheerfully danced my way around him through the dark, the chilly night air casting my hair around and rippling everything from the leaves on the trees to my off-the-shoulder white T-shirt and khaki short-shorts. The clean mountain air and the sound of nature all around me made me feel like a forest fairy dancing lightly through the moonlight, each footstep barely touching the ground. 

It was only when Woody clutched my arm that I stopped what I was doing. His brow was furrowed, and I felt a bit confused until he tapped his wrist.

I blinked, confused, until I remembered that I had plans to hop online with Sebastian.

"Oh, crap!" I squawked, eyes bugging; turning around, I tore free of his grasp and bolted towards the cabin. "Thank you! I wasn't paying attention to the time!"

I didn't look back for a response and simply threw the door open, but stopped when I came face to face with someone I hadn't expected to see.

"Tiffany?" I asked, blinking at her in confusion when she smiled and waved from where she was sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?"

"I want to hang out with you and Woody," she said, shrugging. "A lot is happening at home right now, and... well..."

Concern pricked me and I swallowed, looking at the tenseness of her shoulders more carefully.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, and she shook her head. "What's going on?"

"Cassidy is having an episode," she casually informed me, flapping a dismissive hand. "Jun apparently said something to her while we were gone that unintentionally set her off and now she's on another one of her mindless panic rampages."