Chapter 25

Love will always be tested.

~Your POV~
My eyes snapped up to him, "Wha- Why?"

It was now his turn to look down at our feet, "You seem uncomfortable."

He smiled at nothing, "I want you to enjoy it."

There was a brief moment of silence as I tried to process everything. As I did, I could feel his grip on my hand tighten and loosen every so often.

I smiled, "Thank you, Natsu."

The toothy grin I loved so much cane back, directed straight at me, "I love you, Y/N."

He leaned down and kissed my forehead, "Don't you forget it."

I giggled like a kid for a second, a blush forming on my face and my eyes closing in bliss for that split second his lips were on my forehead.

"Well then-" He lifted me up into a piggy-back, and I let out a squeak of protest.

"-Let's go home and eat!" The smile on his face never disappeared as he carried me back to my house.

I could only smile back.

"Natsu- Hey, slow down!" I screamed in delight.

I could feel the wind beating against my face and my H/C hair flowing back.

It was amazing.

He was amazing.

I cheered as he pretended to be a plane, flying us home. People stared at us, but we didn't care.

He treated me like a child, and although most people would find it annoying and disrespectful, I was a child deep down and he knew that I knew it.

It was times like these I got a glimpse of how great a dad he would be.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as he pulled to a stop, "We're here!"

I got off his back, "Thank you for the wonderful flight."

We laughed.

I unlocked the door and plopped myself down to the couch, Natsu making a beeline for the kitchen.

"I'm gonna cook, so don't you worry!" He exclaimed.

I opened my mouth to speak, but he cut me of, "And I mean it, I need to learn how to cook properly."

That didn't help, I shot him a look.

He finally gave in and sighed, "I'll call out if I need your help, okay?"

I nodded in contentment and smiled, picking a book off the shelf nearby to read.

"Y/N! Dinner's ready!" He called out after around half an hour.

I let out a breath of relief at the sight of my still-clean-and-in-one-piece kitchen.

I marked the page and put the book back in a shelf, making a mental note to finish it later.

I took my seat at the table, with Natsu pulling out and pushing in the chair for me.

What a gentleman. Note the sarcasm.

He sat down opposite of me, staring lovingly at my face.

I giggled, blushing lightly. I took a big bite of my food, and my eyes lit up.

Whoever taught him to cook like this, thank you.

Lucy, if it was you, I owe you so much.

Both for teaching him how to cook delicious food and giving me the opportunity to date this lovely man.