Chapter 20

I kept dreaming of the future...

~Your POV~
"N-Nazu, c-carry me to t-the bathro-om." I hiccuped.

'What the actual heck am I doing?'

Natsu sighed in front of me and shook his head. He said something, but I didn't really hear it, I just saw his mouth moving. Before I knew it, I was dangling from my boyfriend's shoulder.

'Oh yeah, I'm drunk.'

I giggled like a childish schoolgirl, and on the inside, I cringed like there was no tomorrow.

'I sound weird when I giggle.'

Then I started crying.

'Now I'm just confused.'

By the time we got back to my house, I was practically flooding the place.

'Drunk me is weird.'

Natsu softly kissed my forehead to calm me down, and I immediately smiled and hugged him.

'Very, very weird.'

He placed me near my bed and I automatically flopped down onto it like some sort of fish.

'Oh my Mavis, I'm so drunk.'

It was surreal, feeling the soft surface of my bed, and feeling the warmth Natsu provided when I was in his arms. The thing is, I wasn't aware of any of it happening, yet at the same time, I was.

'I need to stop drinking.'

It felt as if my mind and my body were two different things, and yet, they felt like a whole.

'Why is being drunk so complicated?'

I soon fell into a deep sleep by the sound of Natsu's steady yet slowly increasing heartbeat.

'Meh, doesn't matter, Natsu's warm and comfy.'

The second I closed my eyes, I felt myself get sucked into what felt like a void.

'What the-'

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud crash sound. I started shaking, it felt like an earthquake, but all I could see was black. I started blinking frantically, hoping I could see something. All of a sudden, the ground started shaking again, and something started to form in front of my eyes.

'This is insane.'

Red.

'What in the-'

All I saw was red.

'What happened here?!'

Corpses, laying on the ground. Fire and water scattered all around, yet the fire was never put out, the water never evaporated.

'This isn't normal.'

I looked down at my hands, white. I looked down at my feet, white.

'Is this what I think it is...?'

Without my consent, a glowing ray of light blue came barrelling out of my outstretched right hand.