thirty one

Claire takes a lipstick, placing it between her breasts. Somehow, she applies to her like from her cleavage. When she moves her head up, you can see she placed it on perfectly.

Five of the six clap, Bender clapping slowly and dramatically, while Julian just gazes boringly.

"All right, great! Where'd you learn to do that?" Andrew asks.

"Camp, seventh grade," she explains.

"That was great, Claire. My image of you is totally blown," Bender states.

"You're a shit! Don't do that to her you swore to God you wouldn't laugh!" Allison exclaims.

"Am I laughing?" he asks.

"You fucking prick!" Andrew insults.

"What do you care what I think, anyway? I don't even count, right? I could disappear forever and it wouldn't make any difference. I may as well not even exist at this school, remember?" He turns to Claire. "And you—don't like me anyway!"

"You know, I have just as many feelings as you do and it hurts just as much when somebody steps all over them!"

"God, you're so pathetic! Don't you ever, ever compare yourself to me! Okay? You got everything, and I got shit! Fuckin' Rapunzel, right? School would probably fucking shut down if you didn't show up! 'Queenie isn't here!' I like those earrings Claire."

"Shut up."

"Are those real diamonds, Claire?"

"Shut up!"

"I bet they are. Did you work for the money for those earrings?"

"Or did your daddy buy those?"

"Shut up!" she screams, tears falling from her eyes.

"I bet he bought those for you! I bet those are a Christmas gift! Right? You know what I got for Christmas this year? It was a banner fuckin' year at the old Bender family! I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said 'Hey! Smoke up Johnny!' Okay, so go home'n cry to your daddy, don't cry here, okay?"

"My God, are we gonna be like our parents?" Andrew wonders aloud.

"Not me...ever."

"It's unavoidable, it just happens," Allison states.

"What happens?" Andrew asks.

"When you grow up, your heart dies."

"Who cares?" he questions. He lets a moment pass, not feeling Julian's presence. When he looks to his right, he's not there.

"I care..." Allison responds. She saw Jc leave as Bender and Claire fought loudly, but with the look on his face, she knew he wanted to be alone.