twenty one

John and Julian walk in front of the group; John cool and calm as Julian is afraid of getting caught. What if Vernon tells his parents?

Bender bumps his shoulder against Jc's, knocking the male from his thoughts. "Being bad is feeling pretty good, huh?"

"I've felt better," Julian chuckles nervously.

"We'll be fine. Pinky swear that shit." Julian grins happily, learning to love Bender's sarcasm; loving it almost as much as his looks.

The group passes Jc's locker, making him stop as Bender talks to Claire. He moves quickly opening his locker. He looks past his books and random paper, finding his letter in the back, but the envelope open. His nose twitches, but sighs warily, placing it in his back pocket before following the group to Bender's locker.

He wants to point out how he wrote 'FAG' in marker but ignores it. When the locker is opened, a guillotine is triggered, cutting off the end of an old dirty shoe.

"Slob!"

"My maids on vacation," he responds. Bender opens the second part of his locker, grabbing a rolled up paper bag. He pulls out another bag from it, then another, before he gets what he wants: Weed.

"That's-"

"Yep," Bender answers, grinning at the surprised look on Julian's face.

"Screw that Bender put it back!" Andrew orders, but the latter still places it his pocket, walking away. The rest soon follow after a moment.

"We'll cross through the lab, and then we'll double back."

"You better be right, if Vernon cuts us off it's your fault, asshole!"

"I'm a professional," Bender states. His grin disappears though as he sees Vernon "Shit." He grabs Julain's wrist pulling him in the opposite direction as the others follow.

They run down so many hallways; down one of them, Julian's letter falls from his pocket, which Bender picks up quickly, going to give it back later.

"Wait! Wait, hold it! Hold it!" Bender stops the group. "We have to go through the cafeteria!"

"No, the activities hall!" Andrew argues.

"Hey man, you don't know what you're talking about!"

"No you don't know what you're talking about! Now we're through listening to you, we're going this way." Andrew and the rest run off, leaving Jc and Bender. John bites his lip, contemplating if he should leave them. The pull of his wrist takes him from his thoughts, his eyes finding Julian.

"We have to help them, please," the male begs. Bender tenses, knowing he has to, before pulling Julian with him.

The two follow the group, going Andrew's way; they receive an iron gate closing a hallway. "Nice one, jock strap," Julian states. He pokes his tongue at the inside of his cheek, wanting to smack him.

"Fuck you!"

"I'll pass!"

"Shut up!" Claire exclaims. "Why didn't you listen to John?"

"We're dead," Julian sighs, placing his head against the gate.

"No, just me!" John grabs the waistband of Jc's pants, sticking the bag of weed in his pants. "Get back to the library, keep your unit on this!" he orders. When the words leave his mouth, he runs away, singing loudly, "'I wanna be an airborne ranger!'"

Julian stares at the floor, face somehow a new shade of red before Allison grabs his arm, pulling him as the group runs off.