~ Cha(n)pter Twenty Six ~

The two boys got into the Kia, Chan thowing his backpack into the back seat after closing the door.

"I hope you don't have your laptop in there." Woojin commented, putting the key into the ignition.

"I do, but it'll be fine. I've dropped it down the stairs at uni before and it wasn't damaged." Chan said.

"Care to explain how that happened?" Woojin asked, looking through the rear view mirror before pulling out of the parking space.

"Well, Jisung and I were walking to our next class and Minho saw us when we were approaching the stair well in the east wing. He was with his friend, Gyeong, I don't think you know him. He's a freshman on Minho's dance team. Anyways, Minho goes barreling down the hall and leaps onto Jisung, sending the two of them tumbling down the stairs. Jisung grabbed onto my sleeve to try and keep from falling, but he just dragged me down with him. I reached for the railing, trying to find some purchase so that we all wouldn't end up in a heap at the bottom of the stair well. I was holding my laptop briefcase in my left hand and I lost my hold on it as I reached for the railing. The briefcase plummeted down the stairs and I could only watch as it landed on the floor with a sickening thud." Chan explained. 

"Yikes, how'd you get it back if you were all falling?" Woojin asked. 

"You see, I kind of just let go of Jisung and ran to get my laptop because my laptop was more important at the moment." Chan said, scratching the back of his neck. "Not my proudest moment, but my final for ethnomusicology saved on there and I was almost done with that so if that laptop was actually broken, I probably would have broken Minho's arm."

Woojin laughed at Chan's threat.

"Were Jisung and Minho okay though?" Woojin asked, tapping his hands on the steering wheel to the beat of the song playing.

"Yeah, I think Jisung's hip was bruised, but there were no bad injuries." Chan answered.

"That's good." Woojin said. "What was your final exactly? Couldn't you just save it on the icloud or google drive?" 

"First of all, I have an HP; macbooks suck just saying. Secondly, Mr. Jo didn't give us a final essay. For his final, we had to write and produce a song that emulated the style of another country's music. I chose Japanese because anime openings are so good. We also had a 50 question multiple choice test, but that was so easy. It was basically just using common sense to figure out the answer." Chan clarified. 

"Anime themes are the cool. Better than any k-drama opening or especially american theme songs." Woojin said. "We've still got to have our anime binge sleepover." 

"Yeah, I can't wait for that! It'll be so fun." Chan said, bouncing in his seat from excitement. "You better have a good snack selection because I love snacks." Chan continued on.

"When did we decide to have this at my apartment?" Woojin asked with a small laugh.

"It's common sense, duh. You have a TV and all I have is a laptop. Do you want to sit hunched over on my lumpy dorm bed watching a tiny, little screen in the dark?" Chan asked, incredulously.

"Sounds comfy." Woojin noted, "But if you'd prefer to have it at my house we can." 

"Yeah!" Chan said, pumping his fist in the air victoriously.

"Get out, you dork. You've already missed half of your class." Woojin said, cutting the engine.

Chan opened his door, opening the door to the backseat to retrieve his backpack. He quickly put it on, turning to Woojin, who had made his way to the other side of the car where Chan was standing.