~ Cha(n)pter Twenty Two ~

Chan closed the door to the studio behind him, walking over to one of two office chairs in the room.  He threw himself onto the chair, spinning around in a circle before pulling himself towards the table. 

"Let's hear it." Chan said, gesturing to Changbin's phone.

Changbin opened his phone, searching through his downloads for the song.

"Just a fair warning; I put a generic backtrack on it so it sounds like trash. Just pay attention to the lyrics and the flow to get a feel of the song. I have some ideas for the backtrack but we can discuss that after listening." Changbin said, pressing the play button on the file.

The strum of a guitar sounded through the phone's speaker.

"Fuck, wrong one." Changbin said, rapidly spamming the back button on his phone.

Chan quirked an eyebrow at Changbin but didn't question it.

"Here's the one." Changbin let out a sigh of relief as the song he was looking for started playing.

Chan bopped his head, listening to the flow of the rap, absorbing the lyrics, the style and the overall meaning of the song, ideas already blooming in his head.

Changbin spit his last verse and a light fade out followed.

"Woah, that was.... I have no words. Words can't express how beautiful that was. The backtrack definitely needs work, but the lyrics were meaningful and the flow was solid." Chan said. 

"Thanks." Changbin said, rubbing the nape of his neck as a blush crept onto his face.

"Are you okay though?" Chan asked, as listened to the track again, this time paying more attention to the lyrics.

"I wrote this when I was thinking about life, you know? There are endless possibilities as to what could happen to anyone at any time. I started thinking about the 'what if?' scenarios and the things I imagined really scared me." Changbin answered.

"Who's it about, if you don't mind me asking?" Chan questioned.

"The three Fs." Changbin responded, turning his head towards the door to avoid Chan's gaze.

"Friends, Family and...." Chan said, not understanding what the last 'F' was.

"Felix." Changbin muttered, shifting his gaze to the ground.

"Doesn't Felix fall in the 'friend' category?" Chan asked, looking at the boy quizzically. "Wait-"

"Don't make a big deal out of it!" Changbin said, waving his hands in front of his face as the blush on his face deepened.

"You like him!" Chan teased in a singsong voice.

"I told you not to make a big deal about it!" Changbin whined, slumping into the other office chair with a sigh of defeat.

"How could I not? My little Binnie's growing up." Chan said, wiping a fake tear from his eye.

"Can we just start working on the track now?" Changbin grumbled, plugging his phone into the computer to transfer the song.

"Fine. What ideas did you have?" Chan asked, rolling over to the computer Changbin was working at.

"Well I was thinking that we could start off with a serene intro and then have a sudden drop, maybe crunching the sound a bit to enhance the tone." Changbin started off.

"I'll mess around with it for a bit. You can stay and watch or go to Ji's room. I'll text you if I need you to listen to my progress so far." Chan said, plugging his studio headphones into the computer, opening the mixing software.