~ Cha(n)pter Nine ~

Chan had only been sitting out on the terrace for five minutes, but to him it felt like an eternity. Another shiver traveled down his spine as a gust of wind blew past. He was chilled to the bone. 

He cupped his hands together to peer through to glass door. Everyone was seated at the dining room table, basking in the warmth within the house that they were all taking for granted. Jeongin looked up at him, eyes widening as he saw Chan out in the cold. Jeongin began to rise out of his seat, but he was quickly pulled down by Woojin, who then whispered something in his ear. 

Jeongin then waved at the freezing boy with that signature smile on his face. Chan absolutely adored Jeongin's smile. His eyes went half-lidded and his nose scrunched up in a cute manner when his lips parted to reveal the braces that adorned his teeth. 

Chan smiled fondly back at the younger, not even upset that the younger wouldn't let him in. That precious child was too cute to be mad at. 

Chan shifted his gaze to the left to glare at Woojin, who was smirking at him. That smirk morphed into a soft smile when Chan pouted, crossing his arms as he held the older's gaze. 

Chan's heart fluttered in his chest as soon at the smile that was directed his way. A calming, warm feeling filled his chest and suddenly he wasn't as cold as he was before. It was the Woojin effect, Chan decided. Every time Woojin was around, Chan felt at ease and his chest was filled with the same warm, comforting feeling. 

Despite Woojin alleviating some of the cold that seeped into his bones by a single smile that made his heart melt, Chan was still mildly upset at the older. Who did he think he is to lock Chan out in the cold? 

Chan had been so lost in thought that he didn't even realized that someone within the house had made their way across the living room to the door until he heard a soft knock against the glass. 

Chan looked up to see Woojin standing there. Woojin knelt down to Chan's level before quietly giggling. Chan could barely hear it through the barrier separating the two. 

"I'm sorry, baby." Woojin said through his giggles. The warm feeling resurfaced in Chan's chest at the older's use of that pet name. "I really am. I just thought it would be funny. And it is." Woojin said, giggles slipping past his lips once again. 

"This is domestic abuse." Chan said, rolling his eyes whilst brushing his hair out of his face. Wind blows past Chan's frame once more, mussing up his hair yet again. 

"I'll give you cuddles when I let you back in." Woojin offered. 

"I was expecting that nonetheless." Chan said, "Now open this door. I'm hungry and I'm cold and you're a meanie." 

Woojin chuckled, rising to his feet and flicking the latch that prevented the sliding door from opening. Once he pulled the sliding door open, Chan flung himself into Woojin's arms. 

Woojin shivered as Chan's chilled cheek pressed up against his.

"You're freezing." Woojin said, cupping Chan's cheeks in his hands, rubbing his thumbs against the cold skin in an attempt to warm them up.

Chan's cheeks heated up at Woojin's touch, but it wasn't noticeable since Chan's cheeks were slightly windburned. 

"Who's fault is that?" Chan mumbled, running his hands up and down Woojin's arms, partly to make Woojin cold as well and partly because it just felt right.

 Woojin's smile faltered at the younger's comment.

"I'm sorry." Woojin said, looking into Chan's eyes. "I shouldn't have done that."