~ Cha(n)pter Twenty One ~

The drive to Walgreens was silent, but not in a bad way. It was a comfortable silence. Chan didn't like sitting in silence though; the silence was suffocating to him, no matter who he was with. 

Chan turned on the radio and rolled down his window, feeling the breeze blow through his hair. 

'No Air' by The Boyz was playing on the radio, bringing a smile to Chan's face. He began singing along when the chorus hit. 

"I didn't know you liked The Boyz." Woojin said with a chuckle.

"Are you kidding me? I love them." Chan said with a smile.

Woojin smiled back, pulling into the parking lot. 

"Come on we've got to make this quick." Woojin said, checking his phone. "We've got fifteen minutes left before class starts." 

Chan threw the car door open and slammed it shut behind him, dashing into the store.

"Wait- Chan! You don't even know where you're going!" Woojin shouted at the boy.

"I'll figure it out!" Chan said, opening the door to the store and running in like a mad man.

Woojin speed walked over to the door, bowing at the employee at the cash register, sending an apologetic smile his way.

Chan was through the aisles trying to find the pharmaceutical desk since the selves with over the counter meds were usually located over there.

When he found it, he ran down the aisle, only to find a man with a white puffer jacket standing in front of the shelves, holding a bottle of aspirin.

The man looked up, and Chan realized that it was Woojin.

"Let's go, you crazy maniac." Woojin said, grabbing Chan's hand so that he wouldn't run off again.

"I'm not a kid. You don't have to hold my hand in the store." Chan pouted. 

"Really? Your behavior a few minutes ago contradicts that statement." Woojin said with a smile.

Chan rolled his eyes, but didn't make an attempt to remove his hand from Woojin's grasp.

"But seriously, what were you thinking? Do you want to get kicked out of the store?" Woojin scolds as they make their way to the check out.

"You said to make it quick." Chan said meekly, eyes trained on the floor.

"Hey, it's okay. Just don't do it again." Woojin said, pinching Chan's cheek.

Chan smiled softly at this, squeezing Woojin's hand in return.

Woojin set the bottle of aspirin on the counter and began taking out his wallet.

"What are you doing? I'm paying for it. It's my bottle of aspirin." Chan said with a frown, pulling out his own wallet.

"No, you're not. I'm going to buy this for you because I care about you're well being. I have rewards savings since I live in the area so it'll be cheaper for me to pay for it anyways." Woojin said, pulling out his card.

Chan hesitantly put his wallet back in his coat pocket.

"Fine, you win this time but I'll definitely be paying for one of your purchases at some point in time." Chan said, glaring playfully at Woojin. 

"Is that a threat?" Woojin said with a laugh, handing the man his card.  

"It's a promise." Chan answered with a huff.

The man handed back his card, bagging the item and handing it to Woojin.

"You guys remind me of my best friend and his boyfriend." He said with a laugh.