~ Cha(n)pter One ~

Chan trudged down the hall of his dormitory after locking the door to his room. Being the dimwit he is, he signed up for morning classes beginning at 7 am. His class only had a handful of students on the roster since most people have the common sense not to take morning classes.

When he finally got to the campus, which was a 15 minute trek from the dorms, he made his way to the music wing. Before he went to the choir room he stopped at the small cafe on campus. He knew he wouldn't be able to make it though the day without his daily dose of caffeine, especially given the many all-nighters he's been pulling recently studying for all his classes.

With a steaming cup of coffee in hand, Chan finally makes his way to room 306. As expected, only a few drowsy students had taken their seats, waiting for the lesson to start. Chan noticed an unfamiliar face as he surveyed the room's inhabitants. 

A young man with an adorable smile conversing with his teacher at the front of the room.

"I wonder who he is..." Chan wondered before dropping his backpack on the floor, flopping onto his desk unceremoniously. The smiley man finished talking to the teacher and made his way over to Chan's desk.

"Hey, there!" the smiley man said, sitting on the desk next to the one Chan was sprawled out on.

Chan looks up drowsily to discover that the smiley man was seated right beside him.

"He's even more beautiful up close." Chan thought.

"Who, me?" the smiley man asked.

Chan gasped, realizing that his previous statement had been spoken out loud.

"I- um... yeah, you." Chan stuttered out, attempting to justify the words he had just uttered, to no avail.

Chan could have sworn that the smiley man's cheeks had tinted red for a split-second. He shook it off deciding that he was being delusional since he hasn't finished his cup of coffee yet. His brain never works properly until about 30 minutes after he finishes the warm beverage.

"Oh, um thanks I guess." The smiley man said rubbing the nape of his neck. "I'm Kim Woojin, your new TA. I'll be here for the remainder of this semester." he said offering his hand to Chan.

"Hello, Woojin hyung. I'm Bang Chan. Maybe I'll feel a little more motivated to get out of bed since you're going to be here from now on." Chan responded cheekily, shaking Woojin's extended hand.

"It's nice to meet you, Chan! Hopefully I'll make this class a little more exciting for you." Woojin said with a wink.

Chan retracts his hand, covering his face to conceal the pink hue spreading across his cheeks.

"Hyung!" Chan whines.

Woojin just laughs at Chan, leaning back as he clutched his sides, forgetting that he was seated on a desk that provided no support behind him. His eyes widen as he realizes he was falling. He braced for impact, closing his eyes, but he never came in contact with the floor. Instead, a pair of arms had wrapped themselves around his waist, stopping his fall.

"Woojin hyung are you okay?" Chan asked worriedly as Woojin's eyes met his own.

Woojin blinked a few times before responding.

"Yeah, I'm good. Thanks for you know, catching me." Woojin said as he sat up, resuming his previous position on his desk. Chan kept his arms wrapped around Woojin's waist as he said his next words.

"Wow hyung, we haven't even known each other for a day and you're already falling for me." He slowly removed his arms from around the older's waist, letting his hands linger there for a heartbeat.

"Shut up." Woojin said smacking Chan's arm lightly as a light blush spread across his face.

"Woojin, can you please refrain from flirting with my students in this classroom?" Professor Jinyoung asked, reminding the two boys that they had an audience. "Now if you're done I'd like to start class now. The bell rang three minutes ago."

Chan sheepishly returned to his desk and Woojin resumed his position at the front of the room.

"Good morning, class. As you have probably seen, we have a new TA this semester. Woojin, please introduce yourself to the students you haven't spoken to yet." he instructed, his eyes flitting between Chan and Woojin.

Woojin rubbed the nape of his neck abashedly before facing the class.

"Hello, my name is Kim Woojin and I will be your TA for the remaining semester. Please take care of me!" Woojin recited, that gorgeous smile gracing his face.

It was then that Chan realized he was in trouble. The older would definitely be the death of him.