~ Cha(n)pter Nineteen ~

Chan cradled Woojin in his arms until the older fell asleep around two in the morning. 

Chan knew he wasn't getting any sleep tonight. He hadn't brought his sleeping pills with him. Last time Chan was over at Woojin's he miraculously fell asleep. Maybe it had to do with the fact that he hadn't slept in thirty-three hours prior to his arrival. 

Chan gently moved Woojin's head off of his chest, leaning it onto the sofa instead. He crawled over to the mattress, swiping a sleeping Felix's pillow from under his head. Chan slid back to where Woojin was sleeping, head lolling to the side. 

Chan set the pillow on the ground and slowly pushed Woojin down to a laying position, making sure that his head was in a comfortable position before scurrying off again; this time to look for a blanket.

Chan walked into Woojin's room and began his hunt. Changbin and Felix had taken the blanket on Woojin's bed, so Chan was left to wonder where the older boy kept his spare throws.

Making his way over to the walk-in closet, Chan stopped in his tracks when a certain floorboard creaked unnecessarily loud. 

"Shut up!" He hissed at the floorboard.

Chan waited a few moments before resuming his journey to the closet. 

He quietly opened the door, walking into the spacious closet. His eyes scanned the shelves, looking for a comforter or at least a quilt. Anything that could provide warmth for the older.

His eyes spotted a fluffy throw sitting on a shelf in the way back of the closet. Chan padded deeper into the closet, stopping when he reached the shelf.

It was much higher than he originally thought; Woojin probably had to get a step stool in order to reach anything on the shelf. Chan didn't see any step stools in sight, so he just decided to jump. 

He could actually jump pretty high. Back in high school, Chan would always jump the highest for fitness testing. Whenever Field Day rolled around, people would always challenge him, trying to dethrone the Spring King. They called him the Spring King for three reasons: he always walked around with a spring in his step, he jumped as though there were springs in his feet and Field Day was always held in the spring. The 'King' part was self explanatory. 

This was not the only nickname he acquired in high school. Chan got the nickname Changaroo in high school, again due to his ability to jump really high.

Chan took a leap of faith, grabbing ahold of the cloth and dragging it down. Alas, the blanket was not the only thing that came down. 

One of the shelf's hinges was loose and it gave way as soon as Chan's arm came in contact with it. Everything on the shelf came tumbling down as the shelf itself swung like a pendulum, being held up by the singular hinge on the other side.

Chan noticed something at the top of the pile; a crystal whale. Panicked, he hurries over to the pile and carefully picks up the delicate decoration piece, examining it thoroughly to ensure that the whale wasn't damaged. 

Chan lets out a sigh of relief when he is sure that the whale is okay, gently setting it on the dresser to the left of him. 

Chan gasped sharply, hearing the door creak open. He turned his head to see look at the door that was slightly ajar. A pair of soft brown eyes met his own.

"Chan?" Woojin asked, sleepily. Chan almost cooed at the sight. Woojin looked so cute standing in the door way, rubbing his eyes tiredly, clothes rumpled and hair tousled. 

"What are you doing up, chicken wing? You should get some sleep." Chan said quietly, making his way over to Woojin, throw in hand.

"What about you?" Woojin asked worriedly as Chan threw the blanket over his shoulders.