“I can’t tell you I’m sorry but I’ve got to go work on the truck more.” He said standing up.

                “James wait, please” I begged as he started off towards the stairs making him stop.

                “What Georgia?” He asked not even bothering to turn around.

                “Please just explain to me why, I don’t understand. We were together before and nobody knew it, it was amazing and now you just act like nothing was there?”

                “It’s not that simple Georgia, and god how I wish it was.”

                “Then tell me,” I begged. “Please.”

                But I was left with no response as he went down the stairs and left the barn. I don’t understand he seemed just fine just a few moments earlier and before that. I just sighed and stood up brushing my pants off in the process.

                Whatever let him be that way, eventually he’ll tell me and I’ll find out but until then I guess I’d have to wait. But for now, I had food to go and eat I thought just as I heard the dinner bell being rung. Finally food, I swear if it wasn’t for food I would die, literally.

                I scrambled down the stairs and out of the barn taking off as fast as I could once the house was in view. I felt like a little kid right now, running to the house at the sound of the dinner bell after a rough day of playing on the farm. Except in my case I wasn’t playing on the farm all day, I got out of the hospital and made out with my best friend’s brother. Either way it was still a rough day for me.

                My feet pounded on the porch as I ran up the steps and slowed down as I neared the door and opened it.

                “Hey Georgia, I just finished making your plate have a seat at the table.” Mrs. Collins told me as I walked into the kitchen and wiped my feet on the rug by the door.

                I didn’t reply as I went over to sit down in my seat that was next to Letty and across from James. As I pulled the chair out and sat down I kept watch out of the corner of my eye at James who didn’t seem to react any different than before like I expected him too.

                Letty on the other hand acted like a spider monkey jacked up on mountain dew. She was literally bouncing up and down in her seat for god knows whatever reason. I gave her a questioning look but only got a huge smile in return.

                Ok then, I thought and turned back around just in time for my food to be placed in front of me as I muttered a thank you to Mrs. Collins.

                “Oh, you’re welcome hon. our home is your home and don’t you forget it!” She replied me with a smile as she handed Letty and James their plates.

                “Oh my god this is so good!” Letty said through a mouthful of food.

                “Don’t talk with your mouth full Loretta May!” Her mother scolded thumping her in the back of the head.

                “Why did you thump me in the head?” Letty shockingly exclaimed.

                “I thumped you in the head because it’s the first thing I thought of and I raised you better than that!”

                “Well it hurt!”

                “Good, because that’s what I was aiming for.”