Chapter 23

Love Remembers

Chapter 23

*****Letty’s POV****

                I woke up the next morning due to the sun shining brightly down upon my face, I cracked my eyes open only to close them quickly because of how bright it was. With a moan escaping from my lips I rolled over only too feel strong arms wrap around me.

                “Are you finally awake sleepy head?” I heard Chris’s sleepy voice ask me.

                “Mmmhmm,” I mumbled back in response as I snuggled closer.

                I don’t remember much from last night except for the fact that we were drinking moonshine. I know we kissed but we didn’t do anything too serious which was awesome in my opinion. Normally guys around here in this town get a girl drunk then use her drunken state to take advantage of her and thankfully Chris didn’t seem like that type of person.

                “What time is it?” I mumbled sleepily and cracked an eye open to peer up at him.

                “It’s seven in the morning darling, not too late but we’ve been here since I’d say about midnight, so roughly seven hours.”

                “Holy shit Chris,” I jumped out of his arms flipping out and grabbing blankets bundling them up. “I was supposed to be home last night! My mom and dad are going to kill me!”

                “Letty, Letty, calm down it’s alright. I called Georgia and Jake last night and they covered for you. They said you were staying at your friend Macy’s house.” He said as he reached up and pulled me back to him. “Now get your ass back over here.”

                With that he pulled me back down on the blankets and wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer, leaning in to give me a slow sweet kiss that left me breathless wanting more.

                I never imagined I’d ever get together with Chris but yet here I am sitting with one of my best guy friends turned boyfriend which I can say considering we made it official last night. I always thought I’d be lonely after Jake chose Georgia over me. Now I realized things can shock you even though you never dreamed they would. Life gives you lemons and you make lemonade but sometimes it doesn’t come out right and you fight and fight to try to fix it, but what you don’t realized is the solution is right there in front of you staring back at you with those beautiful eyes begging for another kiss.

                I leaned in and gave into those eyes planting another kiss on his lips that were waiting to meet mine yet again. For once in a long time I was really truly happy.

                “Letty, I have a question. When we first became friends you said your dad left when you were little. But you just said he’d be pissed at you?” Chris asked tailing off as we broke off from our kiss.

                “I know, and yes he did leave when I was little but he randomly came back the other night. Out of nowhere and he’s been staying at a hotel here in town trying to ‘reconnect’ with my mom and I although I don’t know how he will.”

                “At least he’s trying, I know my worthless mother isn’t going to do shit but sit in this week’s boyfriend’s apartment smoking pot and getting high.”

                That’s the thing about Chris he’s had a hard life nobody really knows about, his mother abused him at a young age and sold herself for money to buy drugs to get high as her eight year old son sat there and watched every day when he got home from school.

                The only people who really know though are Jake and I. We are the only people he really trusts with this information. When Chris was fifteen he basically moved in with his older brother Andrew and has stayed there since.

                That’s another reason why we got along so well when we first met, both of us had parents that basically left us for the dead.

                “I know it’s weird to call him my dad when I basically just met him you know?”

                “Oh hun I know believe me, but it’ll be alright, you have me.” With that he stood up and grabbed my hand to help me up also.”

As he reached down to grab the blankets I ran to the truck and turned on the radio. It streamed out one of my favorite songs. It was Chris Young’s new one “I can take it from there”.

“Hey,” Chris shouted, “I know this song!” With that he started singing along to the words.

“Ain't nothin' goin' on in town tonight.

 Except a loud party crowd drinkin' too much beer, so baby tell me would it be alright if we just take a little rain check and stay right here.

 I'm sure we could find somethin' to do, as a matter of fact baby why don't you grab a couple glasses and a bottle of wine.

 Walk down the hall and turn down the lights, and baby while you're at it you might as well let down your hair and I can take if from there.

 Yeah I can take it from there.

I'm gonna put an ol' record on, Conway Twitty.

 Yeah girl I'd love to lay you down.

 Kill the ringer on the telephone, ain't gonna stop lovin' you til the candle burns out.

 Oh there it is, that little smile of yours.

 Come on, baby, what you waitin' for.

 Grab a couple glasses and a bottle of wine, walk down the hall and turn down the lights, and baby while you're at it you might as well let down your hair.

 And I can take it from there.

Tomorrow's gonna be here way too soon.

 Let's not waste another minute girl, I got plans for me and you.

 Just grab a couple glasses and that bottle of wine, walk down the hall and darlin' turn down those lights.

 Baby while you're at it you might as well let down your hair.

 And I can take it from there.

 Oh I can take it from there.”

Halfway through the song he grabbed me around the waist and pulled me in closer and dipped me like a gentleman would as we danced around his truck singing along to the song.

“Come on Letty,” He said after the song was over, “Let’s get your pretty butt on home now.”

With that he helped me into his truck and shut the door once I was in and went around to his side where he got in and started the truck shifting it into gear as we rolled away from one of the spots that would hold an important memory in my life.

The moment where I knew I finally found my First True Love.

A/N

Ok! Woohoo! Weekly update! Hasha see how long this lasts.

Ok so kind of a filler I know but hey it’s better than nothing! =) plus I thought we needed these two to get official! They are soooo cute! ♥ alrighty now time for some seriousness

I really appreciate the reads but I’m disappointed with comments and votes =(

So for my next update yall are going to need to change that if you want the next chapter!

I don’t ask for much so PLEASE do this for me! Please!?

Teaser: What were miss Georgia and Jake up too? Hmmmmm?

Also I think after about 10 more chapter this book will come to an end if it will even be ten more chapters.

Please remember to VOTE, and COMMENT if you wan the next chapter! It’s up to you readers! Let’s do this shall we?