Chapter 8

Yoongi

  "Have a great night!" I say to my last customer of the day with a fake smile. My smile fades away as the man does, and I walk up to the door and begin to lock it with droopy eyes.

  I hear a slight tap on the glass door and I look up to see Jungkook smiling at me. "Can I come in?" He yelled through the other side of the door. I sighed and unlocked it to let him in.

  "What can I get you?" I ask him as I walk back behind the counter. Jungkook walks to the other side and stands in front of me while looking at the menu thoughtfully.

  "I think I want a chocolate chip cookie." He said as he still stared at the menu.

  "A cookie?" I asked him with a straight face. "You kept me here to buy a cookie?" I said as I groaned and went to grab a cookie for him.

  Jungkook smiled at me and then leaned over the counter and watched me as I heated up the cookie for him so that it could at least taste fresh. He tapped his long finger on the counter to keep the silence away. He then sighed and lifted his head to look at me.

  "I actually came here for a cookie and because I didn't want you to walk home alone." Jungkook said, causing my brain to forget how to function properly- aka I dropped the cookie I was about to hand him.

  He looked at me and then frowned down at the cookie. "I'm not paying for that." He said. I laughed lightly and threw the cookie away and started to heat up another one.

  "Sorry," I said quietly. "I just didn't expect you to care if I walked home alone or not."

  "Isn't that what friends do?" He asked and I looked back at him at the snap of my neck.

  "When did we become friends?" I asked with a surprised and high pitched voice.

  "Well, I would like to be your friend, Yoon." Jungkook said and then sighed dramatically. "But you hate me, so I obviously have to work on myself before I become anything."

  "Yes! So then no more banging girls loud enough for all of the world to hear, no more being mean to me," I said and then walked up to the counter in front of him to get his attention more. "And no more calling me Yoon." I said with a smile and then tapped his nose with a 'boop' sound effect.

  He smiled at me and then touched his nose as if I had sprinkled some sort of magic onto it. I gave him his cookie and then walked around the counter towards the door. I turn to see Jungkook still staring off into space in front of the counter.

  "You coming?" I said as I opened the door.

  "Yeah." He snapped back into reality and then walked out of the door. Jungkook waited for me to lock the door before we stared walking back home in the dark.

  "So, who was the guy from last night?" Jungkook asked me as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants.

  "Old friend." I kept it short, not wanting to give too much information.

"Hm," Jungkook looked away and kept moving his long legs towards the apartments.

The rest of the walk was silent, all the way up until we got to the apartment building. "So where is your friend now?" Jungkook asked as he pressed the elevator button to go up.

  "Uh, I'm guessing he's still at my apartment." I said as the door closed. Jungkook looked at me and then began walking closer to me, trapping me in the corner of the elevator with a racing heart and a slight blush.

  What is he doing?

  He put his hands on the rail next to me to trap me in the corner. His dark eyes stared into mine as I looked back and forth from him to the elevator door. "W-What are you doing?" I asked him. He looked down and then looked back up into my eyes.

  "You have something on your face." Jungkook said as he raised his hand to my cheek and slowly wiped away whatever was on my face. If my blush wasn't noticeable before, it sure is now. Why am I blushing anyways?

  I stood there dumbly as Jungkook backed away from my body. The elevator door opened, but I made no movement to walk out of it.

  "Goodnight," Jungkook said as he walked off to his apartment door, leaving me to try to process what just happened.

  Why did that make me blush? Probably just because of close body contact. Yeah, that's it.

——

  I stood next to Seokjin as I watch him cook some weird food I'd never seen before for breakfast. It was some type of expensive looking food that he had bought while I was gone, and he had all types of seasonings and flavorings that I didn't even know existed.

  "When did you learn to cook?" I asked him.

  "What do you think I went to school for?" Jin smiles at me as he broke open an egg.

  "Culinary school?" I asked as I raised my eyebrow and sat on my kitchen counter. "I thought you wanted to be an actor."

  "I do," Jin said and then turned around to face me. "You really think that once you do one thing that you aren't allowed to do another? I like to try out many things besides sticking with one thing for the rest of my life." He said as he turned back around to continue cooking.

  He's got a point, I guess.

  "I want to make and record songs." I said

  "Produce music? That sounds fun too!" Jin said with a small smile. "Why don't you do it?"

  I look down at my pocket and pull out the remaining money I had. I had the twenty from the person who gave me a tip and I had thirty extra dollars from my last paycheck.

  "I have fifty dollars," I said sadly. "The only equipment I could buy is a book and pens to write lyrics- unless I want to starve to death."

  Jin laughed as he looked down at my money. I sometimes forget that he's rich and can literally buy anything he wanted. Actually, he himself wasn't rich, but his dad's company gained a lot of money and so Jin ended up getting a certain percentage of it for working there for a while.

  "Don't worry, you'll produce music one day." Jin said as he turned around and handed me my plate with food. "Once that day comes, you'll get plenty of love and money and you won't have to worry about starving anymore."

  He tapped my head and then walked away into the dining room. Does he really think that I can become successful like that? Like him?

~
LY FILM WAS THE BEST EVER

I DOnT REGRET SPENDING $20
~