Chapter 16 - All Hell

Sept 27, 2229

Jolting awake from an alarm blaring from his Aivot, Gill bolted out of bed. His brain rushing on overdrive, he struggled to collect himself. Stumbling off balance to the closet, Gill grabbed a suit and put it on as fast as possible, ignoring the tie. The door opened, and he ran out.

Watching video feed from Maylis's apartment, Gill saw four Chrysomallus had broken in. They grabbed a kicking and screaming Maylis as she held on tight to Sydnie. While the Chrysomallus dragged Maylis and Sydnie out of their apartment, Gill accessed more cameras in the building.

Getting into his car, he overrode the safety features and drove off. Coming out of the underground garage, he hit the front corner of another vehicle. His car smashed it and tore a chunk off, but his own remained undamaged.

Gill patched through to Martial Call. "Get here as fast as you can."

"Understood, coordinates came through," said Alexander.

Gill drove as fast as he could, the traffic lights changing to green before getting to them. A police vehicle flew down behind Gill, its sirens blaring. A voice came through the speakers in Gill's car. "Pull over."

"I'm Gill Rune. Run my plates and get to the address I am uploading to you now as fast as you can."

A second later. "Understood, Sir. Do you want us to escort you?"

"No, just go," said Gill frustrated, feeling as though he lost. He knew it would be too late to catch the Chrysomallus at the apartment building.

The police vehicle flew up and over Gill's car, speeding to Maylis's home.

Uploading the faces of the Chrysomallus to the police, Gill also accessed the CCTV cameras in the area to get their vehicle ID'd.

The aliens hauled Maylis and Sydnie out of the building, and Gill lost sight of them. Tears rolled down his face. Accessing cameras on the street, Gill saw the Chrysomallus yank Sydnie from Maylis's arms.

Two Chrysomallus shoved Sydnie into one flying police vehicle as the other two dragged Maylis to another one.

Gill sent the video to the police en route and contacted the local district. "This is Gill Rune, Agent of Jovan Anlon. There are Chrysomallus using police vehicles in a kidnapping attempt. Send out all officers to apprehend."

"You're ID, Sir?" Said a woman's voice on the other end.

"Uploading now. All the information I have is already in your system."

Disconnecting from the police, he contacted Martial Call. "The targets have police cars. Keep track of all of them you can."

"Acknowledged," said Alexander.

The police vehicles the Chrysomallus had flew off. Gill watched on in despair from his Aivot. He could no longer suppress the intense sadness and the strange type of fear inside him from the start of the alarm; an emotion with no location, a void outside his body connected to Maylis and Sydnie.

****

Watching the Rephaim get help putting on the exo-armor, Malphas turned away. "We need to leave now. Before the others make it back with our guests."

The Rephaim put on his helmet. "Not my guests."

"I was not talking to you."

"Come on then," said the Rephaim walking past Malphas.

Malphas followed and did not like being the one behind. It made him feel better knowing the Rephaim would be dead soon. An escape plan to regroup for a future attack had been set up; but as far as Malphas was concerned, only him and his driver would get out alive.