Chapter 10 - Turning Around

Sept 23, 2229

Inside the police interrogation room, Lel pulled against the handcuffs securing him to a metal table. He couldn't help himself from yanking on them after being locked up in the small room for so long.

"Settle down," said an officer coming into the room. "You're going to lock-up, then we're shipping you over to Riverside." The officer uncuffed Lel.

"Come on man. The G.E are going to kill me in prison. I was the one with the gun to my head, and you arrested me."

"You already talked to the Detective and Lawyer. Wining to me ain't going to do you any good... Now move."

****

Snorri explored around the base eating a turkey leg. He had no idea who these people were, but he wouldn't pass up the constant supply of food they offered him. One big last meal he figured.

A Chrysomallus approached Snorri. "You need any help?"

"No. Snorri does not require help." Taking another bite of turkey, he walked off.

****

The Chrysomallus walked over to someone else and muttered, "Stupid Rephaim. This mass killing crap is going to ruin everything we worked for. He's just a common thug. He has no intention of working with us."

"Just keep your voice down. Malphas always has his plans twisted around so much no one knows what's up. He's always come through for us."

"Yeah, I hope it doesn't result in Anlon turning his attention on us instead. He's human after all. I'm not even sure why he's sent some of his Marines after the G.E."

"Anlon has done plenty in favor of non-humans."

"Not enough..."

****

Onboard the America, Alexander came into Gill's room. "This is getting ridiculous. The G.E will probably remain hiding, knowing we are after them."

"They might not risk losing their dropship, but I'm sure they will not hesitate to use the Arkvee." Gill plugged a jury-rigged power supply into the small PC he found.

"Since hacking that drone got us nowhere, I hope that PC has something we can use."

"Doubt it, but it's worth a try. I had the account shut down. So, anything else set to upload to it won't work."

"A very tiny victory. A bottle half full kind of guy."

"In my line of work, it's the little steps that eventually get you to the end of the case."

"Since someone was accessing that account when you gained access to it, they must know what you look like now. That could work against us. Kind of cancels out the win."

"Only if they see me coming."

"On another note. You really think letting the Senator go home was our best option?"

"Yeah. He's high profile. We only would have been able to hold him so long. This way if he's contacted or goes straight back to the G.E, we can track him."

"He's got to know he's got a tracking device in him."

"I may have dropped a hint that tinfoil would block it," said Gill giving a little smile.

"Think he's that gullible?"

"Most people have no idea how any tech works. Plus he's the racing brain type. He'll most likely do what he's going to do as soon as he can. Full tilt without thinking too deeply about it."