Chapter 25

Royalty Wilson-Royalty

"Girl who you on facetime with?" I heard Aaliyah ask from her seat next to mine.

I turned the phone so she could see my screen.

"Oh hey Beast," she said with a wave before refocusing her attention on her assignment.

We were currently in our third-period class and I was on the phone with Ayden.

He too was in class.

It's been two weeks since our date and we've been even closer than before.

We're not officially together but we might as well be. We do just about everything a couple would do we just don't have a label on whatever this is that we have going on.

I guess we just sorta have an understanding. I don't mess with or talk to anyone else and I assume that it's the same since he's always with me in his free time.

"What you thinking bout Brat?" I heard Ayden say through my earphones bringing me back to reality.

"Huh?...Oh, nothing?" I said looking at the screen with a smile.

"Wanna try the truth this time?" He said making me laugh.

"I promise it's nothing for real"

He nodded letting it go.

That's when I realized he was no longer in his lecture, he was now in the car.

It's the last two weeks of school and I'm already caught up all my work which is why I'm just chilling.

Another 20 minutes go by and the bell that ends third-period rang.

I hugged Aaliyah telling her I'd talk to her later then walked to the daycare to grab Treasure before walking out to the front where Ayden was parked waiting for me.

As I approached the car I ended our facetime call.

Ayden was leaned against the car waiting for us. When we got to him he reached down and picked up Treasure and I stood on tip-toes to give him a kiss.

Afterward, he opened my door so I could get in but I had an idea.

"Can I drive?" I asked looking up at him

He looked at me funny before he spoke.

"Do you know how?" He asked causing me to nod.

"Yes"

He thought about it for a second then agreed before walking around back to put Treasure in her Car Seat.

I went and got in the driver's seat and pulled it up so I'd be able to reach the pedals.

When she was strapped in and secured he got in the passenger's seat and I pulled out of the school's parking lot.

"Let's stop to get food somewhere," Ayden said

"What do you want?" I asked glancing at him for a second before putting my attention

"Not even gon lie, Panda Express sounds smack," he said with a look as if he was thinking about it.

I nodded before getting on the highway until we were on our side of town.

There was a panda express in a shopping center not too far from the apartments so that's where we went.

I ordered full chow mein with orange and teriyaki chicken. I also got chicken egg rolls because I knew Treasure likes them.

Ayden got fried rice with Kung Pao chicken and SweetFire chicken breast.